25 Gaethje legkicks

Ferguson is a heavy pressure fighter and Barboza was lighting him up on the feet.

Ferguson also has atrocious stand up defense though.

Barboza was catching Ferguson at will with that left hook, but if you watch round 2 Ferguson's pressure started to get to Barboza and Barboza started throwing wilder and wider shots. I think that the upkick might have had a big impact though, so that's a fair fight to bring in. Still though, Ferguson got lit up in fights against Lando Vannata and RDA early but eventually his pressure got the better. I count Gaethje kind of in the same archetype of fighter.

This is the problem with idiots like you. You have a preconceived idea of what is "correct", and then assume that anyone who varies from what is "correct" must be "wrong". The reality is, Gaethje is throwing the kick the way Masato does.

Here's a recent video from Artur Kyshenko explaining his view on why the way Barboza throws his leg kick is not optimal:

Kyshenko's kick resembles Aldo's (back when he used to kick). More of an upward strike than a cut kick. It's definitely a quicker option than Barboza's Thai style. Of course, guys like Barboza or Sittichai don't need to pick the quickest kick. They are so fast that a power kick works better in their cases.

Yeah... but you're forgetting about the D 1 wrestling Gaethje has that he can use at anytime (and yes, he does use it at times)

Correct. But the OP is comparing it via leg strikes vs leg strikes. But that's the beauty of MMA. best way to snuff out his leg licks his plant him on hiss ass and ground and pound.

This is the problem with idiots like you. You have a preconceived idea of what is "correct", and then assume that anyone who varies from what is "correct" must be "wrong". The reality is, Gaethje is throwing the kick the way Masato does.

Here's a recent video from Artur Kyshenko explaining his view on why the way Barboza throws his leg kick is not optimal:

Lol idiots like me? I've been training Muay Thai for over 12 years and learned multiple ways of throwing kicks. Thai style, dutch stlye, MMA style what have you.

Barbosa has good timing and is accurate. So what Artur is saying is the most optimal? Please. According to that, neither is Ernesto Hoost's lol. Who just happens to throw multiple styles of Cut/Leg Kicks. World class as that too.

pTASCr.gif

GhYcfb.gif

How'd they mess this up and not book Barboza vs Gaethje
Barboza was hurt, he was the first rumored fight but he had a shoulder injury
he worsened it after the MJ fight and needs surgery and Gaethje is also injured right now, so we get Gaethje vs Alvarez because that probably makes for a better TUF season

edson would murder him. Edson has some beautiful yet, deadly leg kicks. He gets full toque in his hips and kills. He has much better technique. That white boy in the video just fights a bunch of nobodies and has more of a leg slap.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

ufc-on-fox-20-highlights-watch-how-edson-barboza-brutalized-gilbert-melendez-with-legkick-1070158.gif

52kltl.gif

barboza_vs_oliveira01.jpg
Btw I just realized all those guys except for Melendez are bums and :

He didn't, it's called promotion.

I honestly think he did. It's not something that can be proven, but I believe he bought into his own hype just based off being in the UFC, and didn't take Gaethje as seriously just because he was making his debut.

He's easy pickings for Conor if he ever bothers coming back
Depends on the game plan from Gaethje

and I love Conor but him coming back is no guarantee. Plus Gaethje is young, Conor won't be champion forever. Even if he comes back he has always said he won't be around long. He is here to make money and gtfo. The more money he makes the more opportunity he has elsewhere. and he's making a lot of money with Floyd.

I honestly think he did. It's not something that can be proven, but I believe he bought into his own hype just based off being in the UFC, and didn't take Gaethje as seriously just because he was making his debut.

Wild speculation based on nothing?

It's more likely that Justin is just a better fighter.

Wild speculation based on nothing?

It's more likely that Justin is just a better fighter.

Based on everything he said before the fight and the way he was carrying himself. He didn't say one positive thing about Gaethje and acted like he was a complete joke who didn't even deserve to be in the cage with him.

He found out the hard way.

edson would murder him. Edson has some beautiful yet, deadly leg kicks. He gets full toque in his hips and kills. He has much better technique. That white boy in the video just fights a bunch of nobodies and has more of a leg slap.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

ufc-on-fox-20-highlights-watch-how-edson-barboza-brutalized-gilbert-melendez-with-legkick-1070158.gif

52kltl.gif

barboza_vs_oliveira01.jpg

Justin clearly isn't as refined in terms of technique, but it's obvious that's one of his most powerful weapons, and assuming edson walks through him or is light years beyond him because he uses better form is a little silly. It's VERY easy to imagine either of these two obliterating each other via leg kicks.

Back