Should banned substances be treated like missing weight

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey, Kelvin / Neil / Tim, look what happened! Johny missed weight because he ate too many burgers. Do you want to fight with him or not? Yey or nay?

Why not the same for...

Hey, Rumble, guess what happened. Jon snorted some coke. Okay, okay, a lot of coke. Yes, right of the Bible. Do you still want to fight him? You get 20% of his show money.

Hey, Mark, pay attention. You are supposed to fight Brock. We discovered that Brock took some PEDs. A lot. He eats PEDs, he drinks PEDs, he dreams PEDs, he pisses PEDs, he fucks PEDs. He is PEDs. The question is... Yes, Mark, I know, he is a filthy dog... but, do you still wanna fight him? You get 20/30/40/50% of his show money?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yes, hate all these fights being pulled, they should at least get the CHOICE to fight them.

I like this idea a lot better than the current way of handling it. Most guys I think would just take the extra scratch and call it good. Better than paying for a camp for fuck nothing or a fighter you didn't train for

Either legalise it or punish it hard. Making the punishment the same for missing weight would only make more people take PEDs and further punish those that don't.

What if they get caught after the fight? Should you be able to travel back in time and have the choice to not fight?

As much as I would love it. I think a lot of fighters would feel the pressure to accept even though it's not what they would want, in fear of repercussion of the UFC.

As much as I would love it. I think a lot of fighters would feel the pressure to accept even though it's not what they would want, in fear of repercussion of the UFC.

Same argument can be used for the weight missing.

Or for the show money.
20, 30, 40 or 50%... depending on the substance.

What if they get caught after the fight? Should you be able to travel back in time and have the choice to not fight?

Some fighters will admit they are using.
The ones who don't admit and they are caught after the fight should be obliged to give their show money to their opponents. That should teach them.

I think the only fair thing is that if someone gets caught with illegal substances or misses weight their entire payday goes to their opponent. If I do my job and you don't do yours or you cheat, I should get the money and you should get nothing.

This is like giving someone who isn't medically cleared the option to still fight.

No, someone could die.

This is one of the reasons why we have sanctioning bodies in combat sports, to protect athletes from their own stupidity.

Banned substances should be legalised.

Not going to happen. If somone died it would be the end of this sport.

you shouldn't be allowed to fight after missing weight either.

I'd rather see missing weight be treated like banned substances.

It would never actually happen because it'd be a PR nightmare. There is an unspoken pressure to take short notice and missed weight fights in order to be a "company guy" and this would be the same thing

And most fighters would probably be too proud to back out. So you would be left with a lot of fights with a guy known to be on PEDs. The media would spin it as a corrupt company that's ok with PEDs.

And if a fighter had a heart attack at 40 from massive steroid use the UFC would get sued to Bolivia

Either legalise it or punish it hard. Making the punishment the same for missing weight would only make more people take PEDs and further punish those that don't.

They can suspend them after the fight.

This is like giving someone who isn't medically cleared the option to still fight.

No, someone could die.

This is one of the reasons why we have sanctioning bodies in combat sports, to protect athletes from their own stupidity.

Makes no sense. Horrible comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back