4 years ago today, Sonnen earned his greatest victory to date...

That one shocked me tbh.

Never saw Shael subbing Shogun with a focking guillotine.

Hell yeah. That was awesome. Love both Chael and Shogun.

That one shocked me tbh.

Never saw Shael subbing Shogun with a focking guillotine.
It would be interesting seeing them go a bit longer. Chael would likely score takedowns at will, but Shogun has nice sweeps and good subs. Round 3 could have been interesting.

I'd still favor the Sonnen.

I don't know what would be worse, getting subbed by Sonnen or dropped by Jake Shields.

Bastard.

I cried that night

It's crazy how people think Shogun could ever beat Anderson, that was a sad day.

(Respect to Sonnen, he fought Jon and Andy)

Last edited:
It was jake ellenberger who told to chael to go for that sub because he and shogun trained together at kings and jake was catching him with it and knew chael had a good chance

And then 42 year old Tito returned Sonnen the favor...oh wait that was RNC...still

Huge win as Shogun is pretty much at least top 20 fighter of all time. And he wasn't that "shot" in that fight. Gave Gus a great fight earlier and was killing Hendo before getting caught a year later.

It was jake ellenberger who told to chael to go for that sub because he and shogun trained together at kings and jake was catching him with it and knew chael had a good chance
Karma hit Jake pretty Good, huh!?

He can KO Anderson. He'd be an underdog for sure, though.
Anderson did dodge him though. ;)
giphy.gif

I didn't think Sonnen beating 2013 Shogun was surprising at all tbh.
I was however crazy surprised to see Chael win by any kind of submission. Didn't see that one coming.

Back