4 years ago today, Sonnen earned his greatest victory to date...

Getting subbed by Sonnen
{<jordan}
How embarrassing.

No.

Stann-MARINE.jpg

TOP 3 MOMENTS:
#3: Sonnen takes Shogun down within 5 seconds just like Anderson and Wanderlei.
#2: After being surprised with a Shogun takedown, Chael makes an adjustment during second attempt and reverses, throwing Shogun over himself with a beautiful suplex.
#1: After attempting the guillotine earlier in the round, Sonnen tries it again later by baiting Shogun to his feet and then dropping down for the submission. Shogun taps.

Last edited:
He also has wins over Bisping, Okami, Marquardt, Sobral, Filho... old Wand, doesn't really count.
And he really fought some of the best: Jones, Silva twice (great first fight - I know, TRT), Rashad, Tito, Rua, Maia...

Funny guy somethimes, annoying AF sometimes.

It's crazy how people think Shogun could ever beat Anderson, that was a sad day.

(Respect to Sonnen, he fought Jon and Andy)

Including Anderson himself. Crazy of him to duck Shogun.

I think his best victory is beating up who people considered all time GOAT for 4 1/2 minutes and tapping to himself.

Chael is better than anyone on here ever wants to admit. He had massive holes in his game but he fought in a way that got the absolute most out of his limited abilities

I remember thinking he had a decent shot at grinding out a decision over Shogun. I also remember my jaw hanging on the floor when he subbed him, never saw that coming. I thought Shogun would KO him or Sonnen would grind TDs for the entire fight and pull out a close decision. Chael finishing Shogun never even crossed my mind. Biggest win of his career by far and I imagine Shogun probably wants that one back badly the same way he wanted that second crack at Forrest

Fuck off TS, fuck off... So not over this yet.

How can one forget..if it never happened..it never happened.

It was jake ellenberger who told to chael to go for that sub because he and shogun trained together at kings and jake was catching him with it and knew chael had a good chance
Well Fnck Ellenberger then!!! I was in Boston for that card and I was so disappointed and deflated with that weird finish. The whole crowd was and I couldn't even process what happened at first.

Sonnen became severely underrated after his second loss for Silva. Not that I knew he was gonna win but I wasn't surprised, Shogun is not known for his TDD.

Back