Conor / Nate 1...WTF was Conor thinking?

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Says he's gonna finish a Diaz brother in the first round.

Then he gasses in the 2nd round?

lmao

sad-conor-mcgregor-mma-tt.jpg

Did you wake from a coma or something?

I don't think he legit gassed, he just seemed bewildered in the 2nd round... then he mentally broke

Sometimes a joke sounds awesome in your head and then you say it out loud and it's fucking crickets. This is one of those times.

Here is a picture of a cricket for you to celebrate this bullshit thread.

giphy.gif

No
Did you wake from a coma or something?

I was watching it on my lunch break and couldn't figure out how the fook Conor gassed in less than two rounds.

They weren't exactly exchanging power shots.

TBH, I kind of believed him at the time.

He looked like he was in great shape, and Nate looked like a skinny fat dude who had been partying in Cabo.

But the Diaz bros are next level tough mudder fuggers.

He thought he was invincible at that point, fattening up on steak to make weight and winging punches just waiting for Diaz to fall.

The loss was probably the best thing to happen to his career at that point though because it motivated him to refocus.

He might not have went on to achieve what he did if not for the loss.

You cli
Sometimes a joke sounds awesome in your head and then you say it out loud and it's fucking crickets. This is one of those times.

Here is a picture of a cricket for you to celebrate this bullshit thread.

giphy.gif
You click all bullshit threads?

Like, is that what you...do?

Dude....i'm a Conor fan but i'm a Diaz hugger all the way. I'm sure we can forgive him for gassing out after a pretty exciting first round.

I can't stand the over the top Conor fans but threads like this are the reason why the over the top fans exist.

I don't think he legit gassed, he just seemed bewildered in the 2nd round... then he mentally broke

He gassed and he lost all confidence as he slowly realized he was going to be in for a rough night

He definitely did not have the ideal gameplan in that fight

He didn't gain weight properly, and he didn't allow himself to acclimate to the new weight.

It takes time for your body and cardio to adjust to the new muscle mass. This is why GSP said he would take the time to properly go up a weight class if he wanted to do it.

You can't just start eating loads of calories and add muscle and think nothing is going to change.

You think conor really gassed?
not a big fan of Conor but I think he was in good condition...
it's just not easy clinching with Nate...
diaz-clinch-knee.gif

Dude....i'm a Conor fan but i'm a Diaz hugger all the way. I'm sure we can forgive him for gassing out after a pretty exciting first round.

I can't stand the over the top Conor fans but threads like this are the reason why the over the top fans exist.

Agreed.

That fight was one of the FUNNEST fights of that entire year.

And McG DID clobber Nate with some huge shots that probably would have knocked most fighters at that weight the F out. He just wasted too much energy being sure he WOULD get the KO.

He definitely did not have the ideal gameplan in that fight

Nah he really believed in his own myth. Put way too much stock in his boxing and power, and woefully underestimated Nate's skill, resolve, and his chin.

Back