Cris 'Cyborg' explains taking high road during Joe Rogan interview after UFC title win

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I was thinking, I said ‘Man, Joe Rogan is going to interview me,'” Justino told MMAjunkie during a media day in Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday. “I’m going to make some ironic play with him. You know, make all (these) ideas before the fight.”

Justino’s issues with Rogan go a while back. While he did publicly apologize for jokes about the champ having male genitals, made during a podcast that also featured UFC president Dana White back in 2015, he recently landed back on the champ’s bad side because of a later-cleared issue with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency stemming from a test for the banned diuretic spironolactone.

Before an investigation ended with Justino being granted a retroactive therapeutic use exemption (TUE) and cleared of any wrongdoing, Rogan expressed skepticism around her reasons to make use of the substance. “Cyborg” was quick to respond to him, who she called neither a friend or a fan.

“It was my moment there,” Justino said in her native Portuguese. “I think him, at that moment, interviewing me, and Dana White putting the belt on my waist, that was a response in itself. I didn’t need to say anything. I think they reflected at that moment. I didn’t need to say anything and ruin a special moment for me.

“We did the interview normally as if he was just any other person there. I’m not saying that we’re going to become friends. But he was doing his job, and I was doing mine.”

“Ronda (Rousey) started this, to not fight me,” Justino said. “And then everybody said that. But the fans are smart. The fans know. I take the same test everybody does. It’s USADA. I do the same thing. If you call me a cheater, you think USADA is cheating. You think they’re doing wrong, their jobs, if you think I’m a cheater. Because I do the same as everybody.

“I’m the first athlete (who) signed with USADA one year before I fought in the UFC. When I fought in Curitiba (at UFC 198), I (had already been working) with USADA for one year. When I fought in Invicta I fought girls who didn’t have to take USADA tests. I did this to prove I’m a clean athlete. I made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, but everybody likes to judge you.

“I think (De Randamie) wanted insurance to not fight me; she didn’t have an excuse. First (it was) about the doping, after (it was) the hands, after (it was) the doctor, after the family. I don’t know. Any day you’d interview her, she had an excuse.”

https://www.google.com/amp/mmajunkie.com/2017/08/cris-cyborg-joe-rogan-high-road-ufc-214-title/amp

God this girl is as delusional as Ronda.

Youre a drug cheat that has morphed in to Silvas twin brother.

Rogan's a prick. He was the beta the whole night next to Cruz, I was hoping Cyborg somehow would have made him submit too but he got lucky.

Last edited:
God this girl is as delusional as Ronda.

Youre a drug cheat that has morphed in to Silvas twin brother.
Nah.
She's being tested by USADA. She's clean.

You are just a dumbass hater.

Sad thing is GDR would probably have beaten her

Rogan's a prick. He was the beta the whole night next to Cruz, I was hoping Cyborg somehow would have made him submit too.
I dunno.
IMHO he is a comedian first.
Him making jokes (however stupid jokes they were), it was just in his nature. (he was probably high which does not help his judgement either.

AND he apologized, acknowledging they were indeed of poor taste.

I think she did the right thing.
Her winning the belt was the perfect response. She won.
Didn't need to add anything to it.

When they go low, we go high.

-Kenny "KenFlo" Florian

That night Cruz commented horriby.

I believe this to be a situation where everyone is wrong. Rogan does suck for what he said, Dana too, and she sucks for what she did.

There is no vindication for anyone.

I for one find it hard to understand how anyone could think Cyborg abused steroids. Who would do that?

I dunno.
IMHO he is a comedian first.
Him making jokes (however stupid jokes they were), it was just in his nature. (he was probably high which does not help his judgement either.

AND he apologized, acknowledging they were indeed of poor taste.

I think she did the right thing.
Her winning the belt was the perfect response. She won.
Didn't need to add anything to it.

Joe has been doing a lot of apologizing lately: Ronda could beat 50% of men BWs, Cyborg's looks, interviewing concussed Cormier. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

Joe has been doing a lot of apologizing lately: Ronda could beat 50% of men BWs, Cyborg's looks, interviewing concussed Cormier. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

Agreed.
But IMO it is a good thing. At least he understands when he is wrong.
Some people (i.e. Dana) would never apologize, no matter how wrong they are....

... unless they want something.

Rogan had nothing to apologize for.

Cyborg is such a baby. Always crying about something, and she always brings it directly on herself.

She got a retroactive TUE exemption after being caught for Stanozolol?

And at the time she claimed she just took some pills from a training partner to help her lose weight, without knowing what it was...

Agreed.
But IMO it is a good thing. At least he understands when he is wrong.
Some people (i.e. Dana) would never apologize, no matter how wrong they are....

... unless they want something.

Dana is a completely different animal from Joe! Dana would step on his mother's throat to get ahead in life, and if anyone wonders why he would do that...

why-because-fuck-you-thats-why-thumb.jpg

No matter what you think of Cyborg, it's absolutely ridiculous that the promoter, Dana White, talked about her that way. How on earth do you degrade your own product like that?!?

It was a similar thing with Nunes - unbelievably stupid thing to do - even though she actually destroyed Dana's darling while Cyborg would have done the same if she had the shot...

No matter what you think of Cyborg, it's absolutely ridiculous that the promoter, Dana White, talked about her that way. How on earth do you degrade your own product like that?!?

It was a similar thing with Nunes - unbelievably stupid thing to do - even though she actually destroyed Dana's darling while Cyborg would have done the same if she had the shot...

Or how Dana attacked Roy Nelson. I can only think of when the owner of the Cavaliers attacked Lebron in the media as the closest thing to it in sports. Typically people that high up don't insult the talent.

<{cruzshake}>

Nah.
She's being tested by USADA. She's clean.

You are just a dumbass hater.
Except she was caught, again. And the retroactive TUE is meaningless since she lied to USADA and hid her use and there is only one reason to do that.

Do you think, pre fight, that Cyborg has to duct tape her roid induced clit-dink up like a cross dresser?

Back