Dear Dana - I am here to fix the Reebok Deal - Really

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
I know.. I know... a bunch of you were going to flame the shit out of me seeing that title, but after you read this... not so much? Oh dear God... please don't flame me. Actually, I don't really care if you flame me, but I think this will fix it and everyone wins.

Dear Dana,

Get Reebok to create shirts, pull overs, etc... that fans want to wear. Make one that looks like these:
2A1DDFFE00000578-3144980-image-a-27_1435689725313.jpg

.... and you won't sell shit! Are you selling much Dana? Nope?

But, if you make them regional, camp/team driven people will eat them up. I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt designed like the NFL, NBA, and MLB make them. What I mean is this, make the apparel long term relevant where you build a following. Pettis, Hendricks, and Barao are only popular so long, but if you had a shirts that had the following:

UFC Logo on the bottom left, Camp/Team in the middle, Fighter name / Camp on the back, Country Patch on the left sleeve, Reebok on the right sleeve.... you would win the clothing game.

I am from Huntington Beach, CA. Sell me a fucking King's MMA / Werdum shirt that has the King's MMA Logo prevalent.

15828bdf60ede130609328cbcc70087a.jpg

Pay the fucking teams a cut. Everyone wins. You and Reebok sell a shit load, Kings can pay to train more fighters, and the fans get something that actually doesn't look like ass.

I am sure my Canadian friends would like a bad ass Tri-Star GSP hoody.

thumb.php

I could see all the teams going for this.

• Alliance
  • AKA
  • ATT
  • Blackzillians
  • Jackson / Wink
  • Nova Uniao
  • Serra-Longo
  • Alpha Male (small size only)
  • Xtreme Couture
  • Roufa

It's time to get your marketing right and this will do it. Honestly, I would wear an MMA shirt of my favorite fighters, but the gym kicker makes it long term relevant. I don't want to be embarrassed by the shit you guys are producing to do it.

This idea is for free Dana... no charge, but you want more advice... then I will have to charge you... just send tix when you are in SoCal and we will call it even.

You forgot to try and cover it up by saying no homo.

I dunno man, I like Travis Brown's personalized shirt.

712470652_8bf713e2d2_z.jpg

Good and creative ideas.

The problem is that they involve giving people a piece of the pie, and that is the original problem with the deal.

The UFC doesn't want anybody else eating from the Reebok and TV deals. That is what needs to be fixed. Not clothing designs.

I want Alpha Male's TJ shirt
oh wait!

A better idea is to switch to...

UALogo_Lockup_blk.jpeg

Or...

adidas-logo.jpg

Fuck, any of these would be better than Reebok...

womens-clothing-brands-10.jpg

Ditch Reebok and try to get a deal with UnderArmour, Nike or Addidas.

Ditch Reebok and try to get a deal with UnderArmour, Nike or Addidas.

That may be a good apparel move, but doesn't fix the business side, branding, fan acceptance, gym participation, and regional win.

They are definitely doing it wrong with their generic approach to uniforms. I mean, I can understand them wanting to get away from having Condom Depot on fighters asses but Reebok has no character at all. They cant even spell the fighters names correctly.

I think the gyms already sell their own branded gear TS.

I know that a little push from the UFC would help boost sales but it's not going to fix anything.

The revenue from this would still be really low.

too many licensing issues, would never work.

would be better off doing country-based shirts, or focus more on state-based especially at live events. the thing is they've got to make it nice, and they're capable of it but the stock design is just plain ugly.

ufc-205-nyc-reebok-shirt-6.jpg

ufc-205-nyc-reebok-shirt-3.jpg

ufc-205-Reebok-new-york-city-walkout-jersey-shirt.jpg

I actually really liked these shirts

I think the gyms already sell their own branded gear TS.

I know that a little push from the UFC would help boost sales but it's not going to fix anything.

The revenue from this would still be really low.

Fuck off <45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back