Am i crazy for thinking that Machida can beat Whittaker?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
Both implement Karate in their styles (Lyoto much much more, obviously), seeing that this fight likely isn't going to the ground, i'm really confident in Lyoto's chances against him. Lyoto is just a better striker, 39 or not.

No,anything can happen though Whittaker should be the favourite.

Both implement Karate in their styles (Lyoto much much more, obviously), seeing that this fight likely isn't going to the ground, i'm really confident in Lyoto's chances against him. Lyoto is just a better striker, 39 or not.

the 39 part makes a big deal lol

but agreed, easy work for prime machida

no you're not crazy, just stupid

Machida 6 years ago? Sure!

Today? Yes, you are crazy.

Anyone can. He's a mediocre fighter in a division full of 40 yr olds.

Machida is abit old now. In his Prime sure. I think the myth of today's MW division being 'much' strong than MW divisions of the past is slowly losing steam though.

Machida is abit old now. In his Prime sure. I think the myth of today's MW division being 'much' strong than MW divisions of the past is slowly losing steam though.

Soooooo One great fighter beats a couple other great fighters = MW is weak.

Sweet logic LoL

Please no.
Machida is a legend, but also the most boring fighter ever.
Whittaker on the other hand is a true fighter and also very entertaining/spectacular.
Guy's like Whittaker can "safe" the UFC.

I would take whittaker against Prime machida pretty easily.

Machida's boxing would get him into a LOT of problems against whittaker.

A little. Karate kind of sucks when you're old. Machida would be better off focusing on his grappling and getting more muay thai training. He's heavy on his feet now and his power isn't enough for those strikes

Machida could beat him, yeah quite possibly. Him actually being able to work his way back up for a shot is what I'm doubting.

Machida couldn't beat reaper with keto

If he was 5 years younger, sure.

Machida is not the fighter he used to be. Not even close.

Back