Tennis great John McEnroe drops a truth bomb on Serena Williams/womens sports

theycallmeskidmarks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This is for all you who like to pretend that WMMA is on the same level as mens MMA.

Garcia-Navarro: We're talking about male players but there is of course wonderful female players. Let's talk about Serena Williams. You say she is the best female player in the world in the book.

McEnroe: Best female player ever — no question.

Garcia-Navarro: Some wouldn't qualify it, some would say she's the best player in the world. Why qualify it?

McEnroe: Oh! Uh, she's not, you mean, the best player in the world, period?

Garcia-Navarro: Yeah, the best tennis player in the world. You know, why say female player?

McEnroe: Well because if she was in, if she played the men's circuit she'd be like 700 in the world.

Garcia-Navarro: You think so?

McEnroe: Yeah. That doesn't mean I don't think Serena is an incredible player. I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower. And on a given day, Serena could beat some players. I believe because she's so incredibly strong mentally that she could overcome some situations where players would choke 'cause she's been in it so many times, so many situations at Wimbledon, The U.S. Open, etc. But if she had to just play the circuit — the men's circuit — that would be an entirely different story.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".[35][36] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[37] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[38] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun".

vF7rVgt.gif

The fact that the UFC will charge $60 for a PPV headlined by some Brazilian dyke with a mullet is an absolute joke. WMMA is a joke. Regional fighters would destroy WMMA champions. In what other sport could a amauter beat a athlete in their respective top 10? There are amateurs out there, HS wrestlers out there, who would legitimately run through the top ten women fighters in the UFC.

The UFC convincing fools that WMMA is legit and on the same level as mens MMA will go down as one of the biggest cons in history. "Ronda would beat Floyd Mayweather." Lol okay Dana, I believe you. <YeahOKJen>

I would beat any women in the UFC in an mma fight and I'm 5'10 160 , I'd cut to 145 if they wanted.

That Brazilian dyke with a mullet would literally beat the shit out of you.

Serena would probably clean out the manlet divisions tho

Cyborg would beat your ass

lol I would wrestle fuck her for a UD if I wanted but probably finish via gnp. There's a reason there is very little video out there of female mma fighters doing full effort drills with male counterparts

Braasch drank constantly, smoked cigars practically everyday, and barely worked out, and he still made quick work of the steroid sisters.

how much of an insecure donk would yu have to be to post this shit on an mma forum

lol I would wrestle fuck her for a UD if I wanted but probably finish via gnp. There's a reason there is very little video out there of female mma fighters doing full effort drills with male counterparts

giphy.gif

Even Cyborg?

lol at that vid great example for my case that no name guy has zero fear of her power standing straight up in front of her going 20% effort and tagging her at will. The speed difference is also massive . He would ko her in in 30 seconds if he was trying

I would beat any women in the UFC in an mma fight and I'm 5'10 160 , I'd cut to 145 if they wanted.

I believe it. We tend to overrate them based on their performances against other women. But these women aren't exactly the cream of the athletic crop. I mean, Cyborg's opponents are so poor that you have to question whether they even train full time.

I'm not afraid to be sexist and say it's embarrassing to compare male and female athletes in the same sport. It would be similar to comparing NBA and WNBA players. Skill-wise sure there are comparable players, but factor in athleticism and males are superior. A female tennis players hardest serve might be as fast as a male's safe serve following a fault.

Serena won the Australian open earlier this year and said she could beat any male in the top 200. There was a player ranked 203 who accepted the challenge. He played golf that morning, and during changeovers he was smoking and drinking beers (the guy had clearly given up).

He crushed Serena 6-1, then her sister Venus 6-2.

Serena has since forgotten about that match.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lliams-nicole-gibbs-australian-open/96876832/

Back