Better all time career BJ Penn or Donald Cerrone?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BJ Penn
Record: (16-12)
Notable wins:
  • Matt Hughes x2 (c)
  • Sean Sherk (c)
  • Jena Pulver (c)
  • Prime Gomi
  • Matt Serra (c)
  • Caol Uno
  • Florian
  • Sanchez
UFC Accomplishments: one of the only fighters to win belts in 2 different weight classes in the UFC. Wins over 4 former champions.

Donald Cerrone
Record: (32-8)
Notable wins:
  • Benson Henderson (c)
  • Eddie Alvarez (c)
  • Edson Barboza
  • Evan Dunham
  • Jeremy Stephens
  • Myles Jury
  • Cowboy Olivera
  • Charles Olivera
  • Patrick Cote
  • KJ Noons
  • Dennis Siver
  • Jim Miller
  • Matt Brown
  • Rick Story
UFC Accomplishments: one of the most active fighters in UFC history with 10+ performance awards/bonuses. Wins over 2 former UFC champions.

Last edited:
image_crop.php

Both have very respectable careers and records but Penn has held tiles at multiple weight classes and defended them, Cerrone has had one title fight and he unfortunately got crushed.

lol like there's any comparison.
Cerrone loses every time he faces a top level fighter, he's a can crusher.

The man who has been UFC champ at 2 different weight classes.

BJ's career is much better. Cerrone is a high level gate keeper.

lol like there's any comparison.
Cerrone loses every time he faces a top level fighter, he's a can crusher.
He beat 2 of the last 3 former LW champions and BJ is on an embarrassing 5-6 fight losing streak.

I'll never forget Penns last LW title run. That to me was the best BJ we ever seen.

Cerrone not holding the strap is whats holding him back big time but he has hella quality wins for sure

BJ accomplished more but cowboy's career is the best you can get without being a former champion really, he's got some great wins.

Not taking anything away from Cowboy, but BJ held titles in two weight classes is the deciding factor for me. Donald seems to crumble when it matters most. Also BJ is way past his prime, so let's not judge his whole body of work by his last few years of not knowing when to hang it up. He's not the only fighter to do that.

I'll never forget Penns last LW title run. That to me was the best BJ we ever seen.

Cerrone not holding the strap is whats holding him back big time but he has hella quality wins for sure
Ya, but in hindsight a win over Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez, and Kenny Florian isn't that impressive and I'm a big BJ fan.

Ya, but in hindsight a win over Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez, and Kenny Florian isn't that impressive and I'm a big BJ fan.

Yea in hind sight

But at that time those 3 were the top of the division, what else what he supposed to do?

Is this serious or not, I really can't tell. Better question for you sir is who had a better career, Nick or Nate?

BJ Penn notable wins:

Matt Hughes x2
Sean Sherk
Kenny Florian
Takanori Gomi
Diego Sanchez
Caol Uno
Jens Pulver
Din Thomas
Renzo Gracie
Matt Serra
Duane Ludwig
Joe Daddy

BJ Penn, he actually reached the pinnacle of the sport in two different divisions. How is this even a question?

Back