Do you want a rematch?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kevin Lee ...

* calls him "boy"
* says he didn't put up a fight (heart is limp)
* says Cheese is "slow"
* gave him too much respect
* accepts rematch for "easy money"
* no comment about Cheese's mother

Damon Martin (Fox)

“The only thing I’m disappointed is that I just didn’t get to show more. I was expecting a little bit more fight out of the boy. It would have been just another four more rounds of that so I was kind of looking forward to the four more rounds so that’s what I’m most disappointed about. Going back and watching the film, he definitely went limp,” Lee explained on FS1.

“You can see he was fighting the choke, I switched, I stayed choking him with one arm, switched palm-to-palm and as soon as I did, his arms stopped fighting the choke, he goes limp. I let go when Mario [Yamasaki] told me to stop, I’m not a dirty fighter. I’m very smart, I’m very aware. I saw Mario stop me, I let go, he woke back up. I don’t even know if he knew he went limp but if he didn’t, it would have been another 45-seconds of me choking him even more and it would have led to brain damage so I’m glad that Mario stopped it.”

. . .

In fact, Lee’s only anger about the way the matchup played out was that Chiesa didn’t put up a better fight before being submitted in the first round.

“I was robbed by Mike,” Lee proclaimed. “I thought Mike was going to put up a better fight. I trained hard for this fight, I trained like a championship fight. I thought it was going to go all five rounds. I was prepared for it. I had my mind mentally set for it. I was looking forward to that. I was looking forward to showing some new wrinkles in my game.

“It was game over. Once I was on top, he didn’t know what to do. It would have been four more rounds of that.”

. . .

Lee says he’s open to a second fight with Chiesa only because it would be another paycheck in his bank account but otherwise he’s moving onto another top ranked lightweight instead.

“The only reason I’ll entertain a rematch is cause it’s easy money,” Lee said about Chiesa. “I gave him a little bit too much respect so I’ll entertain a rematch just for the easy money but otherwise I’m moving onto Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. I already got my mind set on that one. That’s the one I’m looking for.

“These dudes, they underestimate my strength, my wrestling and my movement. They think that I’m a stupid fighter out there. I think he thought I was just going to come out and bulldoze and push forward, but you see I was on my toes, moving, set the distance real well. He was a lot slower than I thought he was. But I’m going to be a smart fighter, I’m going to keep pushing, keep moving and I’m chasing after championships so I’m moving forward.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...e-end-of-his-fight-with-michael-chiesa-062617

I hope kevin lee keeps winning and keeps talking trash.

This guy is annoying as hell and i cant wait to see him koed stiff

I don't want one, but Chiesa deserves one.

dont fuckin talk about my mom, dont you ever fuckin talk about my fuckin mom, fuck you mom...um, no... yea, fuckin mom said dont talk about my mom, fuck my mom...no what the fuck...stop talking about fuckin my mom, dont ever fuckin talk about my fuckin mom...what fuck is going on here...

I wanna see this rematch only if it is on the moon. In the vacuum of space sperm time continuum. With Mike Goldberg as the official referee and Bruce Buffer as the judge and TJ Dilasnake as the announcer.

Fuck no.

The fight was clearly over. The ref should've just let Michael sleep and that was the only problem.

Only people bitching are the ones who wanted to see Lee lose

I wouldn't hate a rematch but I'm ready to watch Lee move on.

Fuck lee.

Someone wipe that smirk off his stupid face.

He's not worthy of Conor McGregor btw. Let David Teymur or Vannata kill him

It's not the fight we want. But it's the fight we deserve. Damn it Yamasaki.

Its a shame Yamasaki too the gloss off a great performance by Lee. I don't want to see an instant rematch but wouldn't mind seeing them fight again further down the line.

Fuck no.

The fight was clearly over. The ref should've just let Michael sleep and that was the only problem.

Only people bitching are the ones who wanted to see Lee lose

I wasn't really rooting for either, and if anything i like Lee more, he's funny. "Clearly over" is a tap or Chiesa going to sleep. Mario fucked Lee out of a clean legit finish.
Bottom line, the ref does not need to "save" you from going to sleep. You choose not to tap, you go to sleep. Simple. Plenty of fighters have gone to sleep in the past, and more will in the future. bullshit.

Chiesa Mom had eyes for Kevin Lee tho. She didn't seem terribly upset her son lost.

I don't want one, but Chiesa deserves one.

Chiesa doesn't deserve anything. He went limp and stopped defending. Yamasaki was a bit too fast there, but Chiesa would have been out cold in less than 5 seconds.

I wasn't really rooting for either, and if anything i like Lee more, he's funny. "Clearly over" is a tap or Chiesa going to sleep. Mario fucked Lee out of a clean legit finish.
Bottom line, the ref does not need to "save" you from going to sleep. You choose not to tap, you go to sleep. Simple. Plenty of fighters have gone to sleep in the past, and more will in the future. bullshit.

What's bullshit is bitching about a seemly inevitable stoppage...and I really didn't need-need to say "seemingly"

If you train or at-least use all of your experience of watching rear naked chokes, you can see that the fight was literally ending...

But like I said before, I do think that the ref should've just let Michael sleep and not intervene thus robbing Lee of a solid finish

Last edited:
Back