JIm Cornette Talks About UFC's New Owners Potentially Ruining UFC

I stopped listening after 4 seconds when he called the UFC a sport.

Well he is right. WME fired Goldy and replaced him with two guys, they created a whole division just for Cyborg and they created a TUF for low tier welterweights when LHW and HW badly needs help. You will never see this shit in the Fertitta era. Ari Emmanuel just wants the fastest ROI possible but he is doing it the wrong way.

JIm Cornette

images

I stopped listening the moment i heard the guys voice

Is it WME killing the sport is dana trying to sabotage them to get the fertitta to buy it back cheap. Lets be honest dana said he wanted to get his dream commentary team and goldberg wasnt that guy.

WME made cuts like chuck and matt who were leaching money doing sweet fa and were rightly cut.

Dana is calling the shots as he has openly stated WME don't know what they are doing. Dana is a scumbag.

Hes right. WME is fucking this sport 6 ways to sunday. Glad Bellator is taking over.

WME should book Cornette vs. Russo

He pretty much nailed it. I can't think of a single decision that WME has gotten right yet, starting with what they paid for the company. Since then they've just come off as heavy-handed, bungling corporate assholes and my interest in their product has greatly diminished.

Hes right. WME is fucking this sport 6 ways to sunday. Glad Bellator is taking over.
I'm not. I hate the direction Bellator is going in and I never liked it to begin with so it was hard to make it worse. Note, it's not the fights they put on I had the problem with, until Coker took over and started signing people that make my skin itch like Sonnen.

But the UFC (not a sport) is in some trouble under these guys, I agree. It was to be expected, of course. None of the people coming in had the experience to take over from the Fertittas and since they're publicly traded (I think) they're not going to have the stomach for big losses or expenditures Zuffa had either. They have fucking shareholders to keep happy. Fuck those whores. They're going to shrink the UFC presence by reversing expansion, and sacrifice everything for profitability until everything that made the UFC in particular worth watching is stripped away. The only hope is that they panic and sell it again first.

Is it WME killing the sport is dana trying to sabotage them to get the fertitta to buy it back cheap. Lets be honest dana said he wanted to get his dream commentary team and goldberg wasnt that guy.

WME made cuts like chuck and matt who were leaching money doing sweet fa and were rightly cut.

Dana is calling the shots as he has openly stated WME don't know what they are doing. Dana is a scumbag.

I have suggested more than once that the Fertittas are salivating at the idea of buying it back at pennies on the dollar like something out of a Simpsons episode, however, I doubt it was preplanned. Can you provide a source for the statements by Dana that he wanted to get rid of Goldberg and that WME don't know what they're doing? Those things may be true, but I haven't heard or read anything like that before. In fact, I'd say it's pretty clear to me to be just the opposite; I think Dana is a sort of lame duck, and they're making all the important decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a guy in a nice suit and tie that hung out with him in his office all day approving all decisions.

Well it is a sport.
It's not aggressive knitting or extreme hardcore astronomy is it..
UFC is a sport? Then I guess so is Bellator?

What is your favorite sport? NBA? NFL? English Premier League? Strikeforce? Pride?

Back