Cortney Casey exonerated by UFC/USADA

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I wrote at the time that the suspension was bullshit...

https://t.co/FBmBNwBWoQ?amp=1

But Some Sherbro's like to continue to say she was busted for testosterone or whatever...

Now officially exonerated by the UFC and USADA following IRMS testing

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

But still suspended by Texas

"“I believe it’s sickening how Cortney has been treated by the Texas commission throughout this,” Novitzky said. “From my experience, the worst thing you can do in anti-doping is a public announcement of a false positive test and that’s what Texas did to her.”"

I wrote at the time that the suspension was bullshit...

https://t.co/FBmBNwBWoQ?amp=1

But Some Sherbro's like to continue to say she was busted for testosterone or whatever...

Now officially exonerated by the UFC and USADA following IRMS testing

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

But still suspended by Texas

"“I believe it’s sickening how Cortney has been treated by the Texas commission throughout this,” Novitzky said. “From my experience, the worst thing you can do in anti-doping is a public announcement of a false positive test and that’s what Texas did to her.”"

Isn't this what USADA always does? First announces that the fighter is "flagged" (which drags their name through the mud) and then afterwards announce if the fighter in question actually gets suspended or not.

IMO, no results should be made public until verified. USADA is as guilty as anyone in this regard.

Isn't this what USADA always does? First announces that the fighter is "flagged" (which drags their name through the mud) and then afterwards announce if the fighter in question actually gets suspended or not.

no, usada only flag a fighter after a positive test and an initial hearing.

Under usada

athlete tests positive - so theres an actual positive test
preliminary hearing (by phone) to decide on provisional suspension
then provisionally suspended
then has chance to put forward case

under texas

had a high t/e ratio WHICH ISNT EVEN A FUCKING VIOLATION
banned her without a hearing

there was no positive test, there was no violation, there was nothing she did wrong at all. there was also no hearing. She was just banned for three months.

Excellent, her fights have all been fun.

But how does the Texas idiots keeping her suspended work with the usual "comissions respect each others' suspensions" deal, with USADA basically telling Texas to go fuck itself?

I don't know why USADA would investigate this. Now can they hunt down Caylee's real killer?

there was also teh three cannabis suspensions earlier in the year

which is fine, cannabis is prohibited in competition, but whereas usada threshold is 150ng/ml (which means if you dont smoke fight week you are fine), Texas's cannabis threshold is, well, whatever number they feel like

four fighters already this year suspended in texas overstuff that wouldnt be a fail aywhere else

Imagine if this shit happened to one of Mark Hunt's opponents, oh the drama would been quite the show. :D

Glad she's been exonerated TBH. Sucks that her W won't be given back to her (Well, I have hopes, but I'm not sure).

I'm now going to wait for CSH Boxing to post a rant on his YT with his signature "HOW YOU GONN EXPLAIN THIS"

Glad she's been exonerated TBH. Sucks that her W won't be given back to her (Well, I have hopes, but I'm not sure).

I'm now going to wait for CSH Boxing to post a rant on his YT with his signature "HOW YOU GONN EXPLAIN THIS"
That douche is the first person I thought of when I saw the thread title.

no, usada only flag a fighter after a positive test and an initial hearing.

Under usada

athlete tests positive - so theres an actual positive test
preliminary hearing (by phone) to decide on provisional suspension
then provisionally suspended
then has chance to put forward case

under texas

had a high t/e ratio WHICH ISNT EVEN A FUCKING VIOLATION
banned her without a hearing

there was no positive test, there was no violation, there was nothing she did wrong at all. there was also no hearing. She was just banned for three months.

what your saying is we should call/email them about how fucked up they are

is she able to do anything legally to them?

Lemme guess...Cortney isn't getting her win back...

Well TLDR say in the peice that they are still investigating. its "under review"

so hopefully usada pile the pressure on and they ditch the NC

Id forgotten about that dickwad. i seem to remember posting on his YT back at the time, think @Mark Zima pointed me in that direction

Back