One more thread on Cyborg!

TheBulletwithWings

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok, so I originaly thought Cyborg crossed a bad line when she punched this chick with nothing more than an ass, in the face for attacking out of nowhere online like Chael and a whole bunch of people like @MayhemMonkey and many others but must go back on that.
Cyborg although has been busted in the past for steroids has been given major obstacles in the UFC because of Ronda bashing her and Dana loving Ronda.
I just want to see her fight better competition period. Now we have Germaine the supposed champ making the same excuse as Ronda to not fight Cyborg yet Germaine showed us what a cheat she is in her last fight.
Give me your take on whether you want to see Cyborg fight ZIGANO or anyone else for the 45 belt and forget this nonsense pussy shit that she assaulted some bitch that cant fight and resorts to posting her ass and talking shit for relevance.

I don't know if you're pro cyborg or not

Your post bored me

BUT

Cyborg > Ronda

More than anything else, I just want cyborg to compete. the UFC was a great platform and has a great BW division (comparatively), so there was the potential for a lot of interesting match ups against Holm, GDR, Tate, Rousey, Zingano and so on that I'd really love to see.

But Cyborg can't make anyone fight her. The women who are willing to step up and do it are poorly ranked and don't pose any threat. An interesting opponent like GDR, who is also big and has pretty good stand up, would rather walk away from her belt than face her.

Furthermore, the UFC simply cannot make a division halfway through like it is. Cyborg and others who are pushing for a TUF to make proper inauguration of FW are right. People who simply despise and mock the division are also right. Cyborg is sitting alone in FW. Holm is done with it, and GDR is done with it. UFC isn't making the proper hires or giving these fighters any incentive to move up in weight. The situation has stretched for so long that it's clear they don't plan on spending any money on it. That title fight was a PR move to sell tickets. Even if Cyborg were to fight for it and win it, it would still be just PR with no real competitive division to work with. Building a division requires work, effort, money. UFC is doing nothing. It just threw a belt out there for two BW women to fight for.

What I'm hoping for right now, is Cyborg to leave and do her thing elsewhere. She needs to fight for belts. She needs a company that supports her and respects her. And she needs to fight. Cyborg is 32 now. On career years, she is getting old. Her talent can't be wasted with the petty, unreasonable shit that's going on with the UFC. And releasing Cyborg is one thing haters and supporters of Cyborg can all agree with. No one is enjoying this situation.

Ok, so I originaly thought Cyborg crossed a bad line when she punched this chick with nothing more than an ass, in the face for attacking out of nowhere online like Chael and a whole bunch of people like @MayhemMonkey and many others but must go back on that.
Cyborg although has been busted in the past for steroids has been given major obstacles in the UFC because of Ronda bashing her and Dana loving Ronda.
I just want to see her fight better competition period. Now we have Germaine the supposed champ making the same excuse as Ronda to not fight Cyborg yet Germaine showed us what a cheat she is in her last fight.
Give me your take on whether you want to see Cyborg fight ZIGANO or anyone else for the 45 belt and forget this nonsense pussy shit that she assaulted some bitch that cant fight and resorts to posting her ass and talking shit for relevance.
I also thought Cyborg was out of order for punching her...... but the way Magana has acted since is a major reason Ive been pretty quiet in coming to her defense

Still consider Cyborg a joke, but Magana is an even bigger joke. Also fully support Brandon Vera telling her not to come back to his gym

How so? Cyborg could have just cut to 135. The 145 division was and isn't actually existing. Cyborgs obstacle was being bigger than the rest of the girls, and that would have sucked for her, and I would feel sorry for her had she not fucking roided to maintain/gain size. It's as simple as that, when it all comes down to it.

How so? Cyborg could have just cut to 135. The 145 division was and isn't actually existing. Cyborgs obstacle was being bigger than the rest of the girls, and that would have sucked for her, and I would feel sorry for her had she not fucking roided to maintain/gain size. It's as simple as that, when it all comes down to it.
Im not about to defend Cyborg, just wanted everyones take on her possibly fighting Zigano.

The UFC rarely bends over backward for fighters like they have for Cyborg. They did the opposite of putting obstacles in her path. They subsidized her training when she was with Invicta. They gave her catchweight fights when she refused to drop to any division the UFC had, and then they created the absurdly thin 145 division for her.

The UFC rarely bends over backward for fighters like they have for Cyborg. They did the opposite of putting obstacles in her path. They subsidized her training when she was with Invicta. They gave her catchweight fights when she refused to drop to any division the UFC had, and then they created the absurdly thin 145 division for her.
Sure but it didn't happen until Ronda was done.

Sure but it didn't happen until Ronda was done.

I think you are wrong about that. The UFC worked hard to develop competition for Ronda at 135, rather than protecting her as was claimed. They went out and recruited Holm and worked very hard to recruit Cyborg. The issue the UFC had with Cyborg was always weight, not protecting Ronda. If it were otherwise they would have dropped Cyborg's contract and ignored her.

What they were protecting was the 135 division, because if Cyborg beat Ronda and then moved back up, it would create chaos and could kill the fledgling division or even WMMA in the UFC. Consider how smoothly the BW division went forward in the post-Ronda era because they actually had BW champs. When you see what a mess 145 is, with the champ probably going to be stripped after one fight and Cyborg reigning over a division with only one fighter on the roster, it's the predictable mess Zuffa was smart enough to avoid and WME blundered directly into.

I think you are wrong about that. The UFC worked hard to develop competition for Ronda at 135, rather than protecting her as was claimed. They went out and recruited Holm and worked very hard to recruit Cyborg. The issue the UFC had with Cyborg was always weight, not protecting Ronda. If it were otherwise they would have dropped Cyborg's contract and ignored her.

What they were protecting was the 135 division, because if Cyborg beat Ronda and then moved back up, it would create chaos and could kill the fledgling division or even WMMA in the UFC. Consider how smoothly the BW division went forward in the post-Ronda era because they actually had BW champs. When you see what a mess 145 is, with the champ probably going to be stripped after one fight and Cyborg reigning over a division with only one fighter on the roster, it's the predictable mess Zuffa was smart enough to avoid and WME blundered directly into.
Yeah it was definitely Cyborgs fault for not making the weight but I think they left her in Invicta and no 45 division to milk Ronda as the best woman fighter.

Yeah it was definitely Cyborgs fault for not making the weight but I think they left her in Invicta and no 45 division to milk Ronda as the best woman fighter.
Sure maybe. Or maybe they don't have enough women to make a 145 division in the first place. 145 is a wasteland now, was a wasteland then, and the forecast for the next few years is wasteland with a chance of a prospect or two and not much else.

The UFC lapped up every bit of the Ronda moment they could, but they were also well prepared to move on quickly once the inevitable downfall came. They built a decent 135 division that wasn't based on one fighter. 145 is entirely based on one fighter. GDR and Holm are bantamweights who moved up for a chance to get a belt, and now GDR is making a mockery of the fledgling division by abandoning the belt after just winning it.

The fiasco highlights exactly why a 145 division was a bad idea in the first place. The UFC really only has one FW, and she couldn't even cut weight with ten weeks notice to fight for the title. We've seen some dumb moves by the UFC and other orgs over the years, but this pretty much takes the cake.

Cyborg is a great talent, so we understand why they went to such lengths to showcase her, but it's pretty much blown up in their face. And that's exactly what myself and others predicted years ago when the idea for a women's UFC 145 division was first brought up.

Sure maybe. Or maybe they don't have enough women to make a 145 division in the first place. 145 is a wasteland now, was a wasteland then, and the forecast for the next few years is wasteland with a chance of a prospect or two and not much else.

The UFC lapped up every bit of the Ronda moment they could, but they were also well prepared to move on quickly once the inevitable downfall came. They built a decent 135 division that wasn't based on one fighter. 145 is entirely based on one fighter. GDR and Holm are bantamweights who moved up for a chance to get a belt, and now GDR is making a mockery of the fledgling division by abandoning the belt after just winning it.

The fiasco highlights exactly why a 145 division was a bad idea in the first place. The UFC really only has one FW, and she couldn't even cut weight with ten weeks notice to fight for the title. We've seen some dumb moves by the UFC and other orgs over the years, but this pretty much takes the cake.

Cyborg is a great talent, so we understand why they went to such lengths to showcase her, but it's pretty much blown up in their face. And that's exactly what myself and others predicted years ago when the idea for a women's UFC 145 division was first brought up.
Had they acted then they could have brought Marlos and all the current 145ers possibly a gina return but that would have downplayed Ronda at the lower weight class

Back