I don't think its fair to call Demetrious Johnson the p4p #1 anymore..

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So what the flyweight division lacks is depth. Think of it like this, when observed in terms of general population worldwide, I'd assume the total population of men in the world who would fit into the flyweight division is probably 10-15% at the most, way below average and its safe to say that there is just a small pool of flyweight sized individuals in the world, let alone the fighters. It's not as if most small guys would take up fighting anyways, its nothing against the small guys just a fact.

It's just insulting to the entire mma community the kind of shit he is saying to justify not fighting dillashaw. His record doesnt mean shit next to silvas middleweight reign over them killers. There is not one guy in the flyweight division whose posed enough of a threat for people to actually notice them, aside from benavidez maybe. For gods sakes, they created an entire season of tuf a few months ago just to find the guy a damn contender and it turned out to be an ex ufc fighter who wasnt ever in the top 5. I do still think DJ is on an elite level when it comes to his skills but he hasnt challenged himself one bit, hes been picking away at average fighters he knows hes better than. Now that TJ wants to challenge the 125 belt, I just don't understand DJ, this is finally the chance to show the world how good you are and get some real money, instead hes ducking like the little mouse that he is. What a shame, ducking to the max and its just think its hard to justify a guy being the #1 p4p in the world if hes ducking and refusing to fight a legitimate challenger in his own weight class, just all wrong and dissapointing from DJ to be honest.

INB4 tl;dr , if you don't want to read then don't, no room for any immaturity, I just want to hear if others are feeling the same

Its subjective. His benavidez and dodson wins are as good as any, joe b had good success at bw. Hes the p4p best since jones has been inactive and its not really debateable. Still would love to see him fight tj.

He was never even close. P4P is a joke to begin with, but it assumes, at the same size as anyone else, he wins... (It's supposed to be divisional dominance but we all know nobody views it that way).

In reality, MM would still have to cut weight to make 135lb... How can he be the P4P best when he's big enough to be fighting up?

If people pull the height card, Cormier, Romero and Hunt have all given up 4+ inches to previous opponent in far more dangerous divisions.

He's head and shoulders the best champion.

Just the fact that he continually defends is reason enough to put him above the others. Plus he does it almost always as the smaller fighter.

DJ is not ducking, he's making a strategic move, and I don't blame him. The guy is so close to securing a place in history. That will help his negotiating power and increase his value without risking a loss to Dillashaw.

At this point he has nothing to prove. It's about fighting smart and not fighting like a meat head tough guy.

He's earned the right to choosy. He's suffered disrespect from the fans and the company. He he's kept his mouth shut and been a company man, but I think it's time for him to dig his heels in.

He is the most complete well rounded fighter the game has ever seen.
The fact that the competition is weaker then in other divisions doesn't change that fact.

I would like to see him fight TJ but now I kinda get why he doesn't want to. TJ is no longer the champion.

Then again, it would probably be a bigger paycheck then he's used to and supposedly he's all about money.

I think Mighty Mouse knows Dillashaw would take that belt from him. might be why he's ducking him.. his only losses are to two Bantamweight's, which doesn't really mean anything honestly, but I think he knows the Bantamweight's as of now would clean his plow. It's like he's too scared, but here he his wanting to compare himself to the GOAT Silva and Silva was out challenging himself going up to LHW to fight. he's no where near GOAT level, but since Jones is currently inactive, he's the current best P4P fighter in the world and I think it's safe to say that. now come July.. Bones will be back on top.

Jones has been p4p #1 for a long time

There's a stronger argument for Conor than DJ, DJ can't be champ in 2 weightclasses, he lost when he tried

"Oh he was too small!"

Well Conor's only UFC loss is at WW

He is the most complete well rounded fighter the game has ever seen.
The fact that the competition is weaker then in other divisions doesn't change that fact.

I would like to see him fight TJ but now I kinda get why he doesn't want to. TJ is no longer the champion.

Then again, it would probably be a bigger paycheck then he's used to and supposedly he's all about money.

Jones is more complete

Outstruck and dropped machida and shogun
Out wrestles Olympians
Submits blackbelts

DJ couldn't submit Tim Elliott

So what the flyweight division lacks is depth. Think of it like this, when observed in terms of general population worldwide, I'd assume the total population of men in the world who would fit into the flyweight division is probably 10-15% at the most, way below average and its safe to say that there is just a small pool of flyweight sized individuals in the world, let alone the fighters. It's not as if most small guys would take up fighting anyways, its nothing against the small guys just a fact.

It's just insulting to the entire mma community the kind of shit he is saying to justify not fighting dillashaw. His record doesnt mean shit next to silvas middleweight reign over them killers. There is not one guy in the flyweight division whose posed enough of a threat for people to actually notice them, aside from benavidez maybe. For gods sakes, they created an entire season of tuf a few months ago just to find the guy a damn contender and it turned out to be an ex ufc fighter who wasnt ever in the top 5. I do still think DJ is on an elite level when it comes to his skills but he hasnt challenged himself one bit, hes been picking away at average fighters he knows hes better than. Now that TJ wants to challenge the 125 belt, I just don't understand DJ, this is finally the chance to show the world how good you are and get some real money, instead hes ducking like the little mouse that he is. What a shame, ducking to the max and its just think its hard to justify a guy being the #1 p4p in the world if hes ducking and refusing to fight a legitimate challenger in his own weight class, just all wrong and dissapointing from DJ to be honest.

INB4 tl;dr , if you don't want to read then don't, no room for any immaturity, I just want to hear if others are feeling the same
Why? Because you say so? Because he doesn't do what you want him to? You guys are spoiled babies.

There's a stronger argument for Conor than DJ, DJ can't be champ in 2 weightclasses, he lost when he tried

"Oh he was too small!"

So longevitiy and dominance means nothing in the p4p argument? JOnes has been party 4 party for a while now. He needs to beat Cormier to regain his spot. Conor has no title defences.

Jones is more complete

Outstruck and dropped machida and shogun
Out wrestles Olympians
Submits blackbelts

DJ couldn't submit Tim Elliott
Whens the last time Jones finished anyone? Wilson Reis is a more accomplished blackbelt than anyone Jones submitted too.

"Oh he was too small!"

DJ still cuts weight to make 135lb. He wouldn't be undersized. He's just not good enough to win.

Frankie Edgar won the LW belt without cutting. He's cutting maybe 10lbs to fight at 145lb. DJ would be cutting a similar amount to make 135lb.

How is DJ better, P4P than Edgar? He isn't.

Cormier has the strongest claim to P4P #1 currently.

Back