My Issue With Tyron Woodley As A Champ...

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is that I don't see a good match-up for him in the current WW contenders.

Tyron Woodley gasses and he knows that he can't fight hard for more than 1 round. So, what does he do? He sits on the fence, and waits.

Usually sitting on the fence would be disadvantage, but Tyron has atomic bombs in his hands, so his opponents have to think twice and proceed with caution.

I don't see a current WW who fights to push the opponent to the bring of death, and that's the type of opponent Tyron Woodley needs. People thought Robbie Lawler was a savage, but he was timid and got slept with a T Wood bomb.

People thought Wonderboy was the next generation of striker, but he was neutralized and made to do the chicken noodle leg dance.

To beat Tyron Woodley, you have to dominate him, and none of the current WW have dominating style.

The best match up for Tyron Woodley is Conor McGregor, a fighter that moves forward and goes for the kill.

That's all.

Larkin and Rory could take advantage of th....

oh wait

Maia will beat him though TS.

oh wait

Maia could dominate him with the grappling, just like Woodley could put Maia out or on queer street with one T Wood bomb.

Like I stated in another post, my opinion is either fighter will most likely win by dominance (best case scenario) or we are going to have another "chess match between high level competitors" (which I believe will be the most probable outcome based on the history of both fighters).

I don't see a classic war.

You have a problem with Tyron as champ because there isn't a good fight for him?

oh wait

doubt it Maia couldn't get Masvidal down and got pieced up by him

Tyron will knock him out on the feet

Well your 'Conor is a good fight for him' makes no sense to me, I'd prefer to see Woodley fight GSP after he sparks Maia out.

Hopefully there's another worthy challenger at that point but if not I don't really want to see him fight Conor and I'm not sure the UFC would want to make the fight as seeing Conor brutally knocked out wouldn't be good for business.

Tyron has been a great champion since he took the reigns. He's active and super engaged with fans / media. Delete your thread and account. Thank you.
I am talking about fights. I don't see a match-up I personally like.

So, I don't know what you are going on about. I am looking at life inside the Octagon not community service.

Well your 'Conor is a good fight for him' makes no sense to me, I'd prefer to see Woodley fight GSP after he sparks Maia out.

Hopefully there's another worthy challenger at that point but if not I don't really want to see him fight Conor and I'm not sure the UFC would want to make the fight as seeing Conor brutally knocked out wouldn't be good for business.
How exactly doesn't Conor make sense? He is the perfect opponent for Tyron. A fighter who moves forward and throws strikes to end the fight (not to score points).

I am talking about fights. I don't see a match-up I personally like.

So, I don't know what you are going on about. I am looking at life inside the Octagon not community service.

OK well if you're looking for life inside the octagon he's among the most active champs / fighters in general right now.

The dude started training camp for a fight that hasn't even been signed lol. What more could you ask?.

He just went 5 rounds with the 5th being his strongest round so I am a little confused, against Wonderboy I might add. Me personally I can't drink enough coffee and caffeine pills just to watch T-woods interviews but his fights are all good look what he did to one of the all time savages. Having a win over Robbie Lawler is nothing to sneeze at especially knocking him on his ass. I don't care nothing for the guy because he tries to pull the racist card anytime shit does not go his way and that bullshit is so 50 fucking years ago.

OK well if you're looking for life inside the octagon he's among the most active champs / fighters in general right now.

The dude started training camp for a fight that hasn't even been signed lol. What more could you ask?.
I am stating in my personal opinion, I don't see a good fight for his style in the current WW division.

I am not talking about personality, work ethic, home life and etc.

It is no different than saying "I don't see a good match up for the Golden State Warriors in the West Conference Playoffs, and I don't like it"

But I am always hopeful and critically open-minded for a good surprise. I may make comments and projections about a potential fight, but like Dana White, I believe "you can't judge a card" by the names on the card.

You have to watch the fights to either be surprised and amazed or to be proven right about your pre-fight analysis.

Maia could dominate him with the grappling, just like Woodley could put Maia out or on queer street with one T Wood bomb.

Like I stated in another post, my opinion is either fighter will most likely win by dominance (best case scenario) or we are going to have another "chess match between high level competitors" (which I believe will be the most probable outcome based on the history of both fighters).

I don't see a classic war.

I agree with your most probable outcome; I see it being another unfortunate boring fight with maybe a late knockdown from TWood while the majority of the fight is nervous circling by both guys. Maia may try some take downs but will struggle way more than he did with Masvidal. TWood is a different level wrestler

Would hurt UFC's claim of having the best fighters in the world if Rory Macdonald becomes Bellator champ since he completely outclasses Woodley

Tyron has been a great champion since he took the reigns. He's active and super engaged with fans / media. Delete your thread and account. Thank you.
There you go.

Woodley fought 3 times in the last year.

In a time where
  • the 145lb title hasn't been defended since Dec. 15
  • the LHW title has been defended once since 2015
  • the MW champ is going out of his way to fight anyone other than a top 5 challenger
  • the LW champ is gone and there isn't even talk of an interim

At least Woodley is active and willing to fight. (If they pay him right).

Back