Bisping vs GSP Height and Reach (stats inside)

UFCFAN18

I got my Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bisping stands 6'2" with a 75.5″ reach giving him a 4 inch height advantage in the fight. The average height in the MW division is 6'0" according to fight matrix. Bisping is a big guy but there are also guys in the division bigger than him.
luke-rockhold-michael-bisping-ufc-fight-night-55.jpg

Although Bisping has the height advantage it is actually George who has the longer reach at 76″ not much of a difference but worth mentioning. George is 5'10" 2 inches below the weight class average. Here's a photo of GSP standing next to Anderson Silva.

gsp_silva.jpg

and Bisping next to Anderson

050_Anderson_Silva_and_Michael_Bisping.0.0.jpg

GSP is also very well built with a lot of muscle mass for a welterweight, at least the last time we saw him he was. He's not gonna be able to grow taller obviously so he will most likely grow wider but at what point is that detrimental to his cardio and speed? Here is an interesting photo I found.

BtWkjVECcAAGo2F.jpg

None of this guarantees anything a fight is a fight and any size advantage Bisping might have won't help him if he constantly finds himself on his ass. However it is interesting to know that GSP is undersized at MW and any more muscle or weight he carries may be good or bad for him. Overall I think this is a fun fight but if GSP does win how long could he stay at MW? Prove me wrong Mr. Pierre.

Also tried to be fair with all photos feel free to add anything. I wasn't able to find a pic of them standing next to each other so here is EA UFC 2 haha.

maxresdefault.jpg

This fight is shameful if it actually happens. Which I highly doubt.

They're about the same size actually
9aa4f154c5330cf749e60af109eabc2d.jpg

Camera angles and lighting make size hard to judge but my best guess is 205 in the pool picture.

Camera angles and lighting make size hard to judge but my best guess is 205 in the pool picture.

Yeah I know what you mean pictures can be really deceptive it will be interesting to see come weigh in.

Bisping is closer to 6'1 IMO, he's more than an inch shorter than Luke and he's shorter than Andy there (exaggerated by angle probably, but still).

I don't think GSP will look terribly outsized, if the fight happens. The style match up favors GSP, so whatever he's giving up in size he gets right back due to the style clash, and that's before even considering his skill level. I think GSP takes this fight, but I'm not happy about it.

bisping is 6'1'' not 6'2''. silva is 6'2'' rockhold 6'3''... btw gsp will win

bisping is not 6'2'' lol.

Who really knows with the stats the UFC releases we all remember Shane Carwin's incredible height cutting. Wiki say's 6'1", Sherdog say's 6'2" a random sherdog thread claims he is 5'11" lol.

Who really knows with the stats the UFC releases we all remember Shane Carwin's incredible height cutting. Wiki say's 6'1", Sherdog say's 6'2" a random sherdog thread claims he is 5'11" lol.
a. silva is 6'2'' ...looks noticeably taller.

Yo dumbasses that a shoop of GSP and Silva. They didn't take a picture together.

I don't think GSP will look terribly outsized, if the fight happens. The style match up favors GSP, so whatever he's giving up in size he gets right back due to the style clash, and that's before even considering his skill level. I think GSP takes this fight, but I'm not happy about it.

Hows the style match up favor GSP? Bisping has excellent TDD and solid hands with enough power to hurt Silva/Rockhold so certainly enough to hurt GSP. Bisings weakness has always been striking defense & getting rocked/hurt which shouldn't be much of a problem with GSPs pillow fists.

The style match up favors Bisping heavily.

Only thing GSP really has going for him is he's the better fighter overall. But he's also 3 years retired with a string of injuries.

Hows the style match up favor GSP? Bisping has excellent TDD and solid hands with enough power to hurt Silva/Rockhold so certainly enough to hurt GSP. Bisings weakness has always been striking defense & getting rocked/hurt which shouldn't be much of a problem with GSPs pillow fists.

Maybe you should watch a GSP fight before commenting.

The style match up favors Bisping heavily.
Er, no. No it doesn't.

Only thing GSP really has going for him is he's the better fighter overall. But he's also 3 years retired with a string of injuries.
And Bisping is 38 (older than GSP), has had more fights in his career and more in the UFC, has lost more fights, has permanent eye damage...

I think I see the problem here. You're a GSP hater who would favor just about anyone on the roster over GSP since you're of the opinion that wanting something badly enough will make it happen. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but that's not how the world works.

Bisping is 6'.5" and GSP is 5'10.5". GSP's reach is not really longer than Bisping's.

Bisping will have roughly a 2" height advantage and a 2" reach advantage. Everything else is just lying in the stats.

I don't really see how Bisping is at a crazy style disadvantage. You basically have one of the hardest guys to wrestle ever against one of the best wrestlers ever. The only problem is the wrestler has been out of action for a long time, is coming up in weight for the first time, and had another major knee surgery during that time.

Back