Fighters that admit they lost a fight aftr a Dec. win

BobSapp69

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember watching the Lauzon vs Held fight and the Rampage vs i think Shoguns bro. Lauzon and Rampage both said they did not deserve a win after the judges gave them the decision. I was thinking wow these guys are pretty cool and shows great sportsmanship for admitting that. Most fighters would never admit that they really lost, would destroy their egos.

I think Condit said it after his "fight" with Diaz.

Rampage against Ninja Rua.

Basically shook his head knowing that he didn't win that fight:

Think he admitted in an interview after too.

Last edited:
Hamill vs jones iirc Hamil acknowledged that he didn't really win

joe lauzon straight up admitted he should have lost to marcin held recently

Rampage against Ninja Rua.

Basically shook his head knowing that he didn't win that fight:

Think he admitted in an interview after too.

already used this example

Hamill vs jones iirc Hamil acknowledged that he didn't really win
Yeah that one is kinda obvious. Hamil didnt do shit against Jones.

joe lauzon straight up admitted he should have lost to marcin held recently
already used this example

I remember watching the Lauzon vs Held fight and the Rampage vs i think Shoguns bro. Lauzon and Rampage both said they did not deserve a win after the judges gave them the decision. I was thinking wow these guys are pretty cool and shows great sportsmanship for admitting that. Most fighters would never admit that they really lost, would destroy their egos.
Rampage did it vs Machida as well, the bloke is pure class

Rampage did it vs Machida as well, the bloke is pure class
Yeah, Rampage is a pretty cool guy. I respect him a lot for admitting that if he really lost a fight or not and hes done it more than once.

Rampage against Machida and Lauzon against Marcin are the only I can think of who clearly stated that they lost. Tons of fighters have dropped the "really close... could've gone either way" lines.

I think Condit said it after his "fight" with Diaz.
He sure didn't.

You know why?

Because he won

"Hey, Mom? Yeah, it's me. I just got my ass kicked."
- Mayhem Miller on the phone after losing to GSP.

Funny thing about the odds in that fight - Mayhem was +115 going into that fight, almost even.

Leonard Garcia pretty much acknowledged that he was beaten by Nam Phan in their first fight.

He said: "I'm sorry guys - I'd call it the same way..." or something like that to all the fans booing.

He apologized to Joe Rogan and all the fans booing, and offered Phan an immediate rematch...

B.J. Penn was really honest with Rogan as well after his highly controversial draw with Jon Fitch.

He directly said that he didn't do enough to get the decision and thought that he was gonna lose.

Back