Damn what happened to Hector?

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Is he like Cerrone, a bully fighter that wilts under pressure everytime?

He looked unstoppable before the Hendo/Neil/Hendrick fights.....

Makes me sad...I was a huge supporter and thought he was the best prospect out of the SF/Bellator era

He turned 39.

Once he couldn't take Hendricks down I knew he was in trouble. Then he stopped throwing jabs.

He turned 39.
He relied on freak athletism for most of his career and he's not 30 anymore. This is exactly what happened.

memba when he was the man to beat Anderson Silva?

Near zero fight IQ? GSP can beat him. Seems like Hector got by on brute strength rather than smarts and technique.

I've seen more spectacular judo from Sexyama.

No more itchy trigger finger and being old

Does advancing in the cage no longer count as scoring in a fight? Call me crazy, but I had Hector winning that fight.

I'm not really supprised, Lombard has always been a "bully" and Hendricks does have the combination of a good chin, pretty high output and excellent takedown defence.

He didn't seem like he "wilted" here, just wasn't good enough to compete with Hendricks. He basically tried to wait to counter all night and didn't really have any offense of his own.

He was never that good. Usada. Age. He's cursed etc etc

He's always had cardio issues. Hector has two levels of offense to be precise. Either he goes ape shit and tries to finish you early on or he's plodding forward with minimal energy to conserve.

on paper, lombard should be undefeated with all finishes.

dude is an olympic judoka, a bjj black belt, has insane speed and KO power, and he's built like a cartoon character. his skill set and his power should have won him every fight, ever.

but he's also known to be a bully and an asshole in the gym, he's been popped for roids, and he's shown cardio issues. this makes it a lot easier to watch him lose.

I at one point in my life thought he was going to come to the UFC and run shit

Back