UFC 209 Main Card Announced

JonnyboyATL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The card for the pay-per-view portion of the show is as follows, just revealed on TV tonight.

Tyron Woodley (C) vs. Stephen Thompson (Welterweight Title Fight Rematch Main Event)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson (Interim Lightweight Title Fight Co-Main Event)

Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Kelly

Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur

Alistair Overeem vs. Mark Hunt

Mark Hunt and Overeem in the opener... Dispicable.

<{clintugh}>

Wait how is that despicable? I'm hyped that it's opening the cars. Someone is getting finished.

What business does Rashad vs David Kelly have being above Reem and Hunto?

At this point Rashad x Kelly should be the opener.

Clearly this is punishment for Overeem flubbing his title shot like a fool, and Hunts major tantruming

Why would they think Rashad passes medical tests this time around?

To quote Scarface, fucking Diaz brothers?

I actually don't like when there is a shit fight for the opening fight. Excited for a good fight right off the bat tbh

They have had some really weird scheduling recently.

For example: Why was #3 Esparza vs Randos like two down on the prelims and Sicilia vs Tucker is third down in the main event?

The card for the pay-per-view portion of the show is as follows, just revealed on TV tonight.

Tyron Woodley (C) vs. Stephen Thompson (Welterweight Title Fight Rematch Main Event)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson (Interim Lightweight Title Fight Co-Main Event)

Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Kelly

Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur

Alistair Overeem vs. Mark Hunt

Mark Hunt and Overeem in the opener... Dispicable.

<{clintugh}>

Not a big deal. Its on the PPV and the card is amazing.

Anyone remember when Arlovski was on his last fight of his contract with the UFC back 10 years ago and the UFC froze him out for a year and then had him fight on the prelims against Jake O'Brien.

The first three spots do not matter as far as order goes.
I strongly disagree with that statement.

Obviously you want a good fight to kick off the card, and sometimes they put a better fight on at the end of the prelims than the first fight to make people buy the PPV, but I think the idea is to build to a crescendo. Two internationally recognised heavyweights is too good for first spo to me.

Does the order really matter? I mean are they making less money by fighting there?

Have them open the FS1 prelims for all i care, im watching all the fights anyways

well at least Rashad is a former UFC champ

tumblr_lx36y54REf1qjkf6jo1_500.jpg

2045723576_Mark_Hunt.jpg

I strongly disagree with that statement.

Obviously you want a good fight to kick off the card, and sometimes they put a better fight on at the end of the prelims than the first fight to make people buy the PPV, but I think the idea is to build to a crescendo. Two internationally recognised heavyweights is too good for first spo to me.

Ok, you can disagree
But in reality, it really does not matter & you cannot predict how good a fight any will be.
Its on the PPV & people are buying it
No big deal

Rashad will somehow manage to make co main , mark my words that khabib fight will not happen

Ok, you can disagree
But in reality, it really does not matter & you cannot predict how good a fight any will be.
Its on the PPV & people are buying it
No big deal
Matters to me... Kinda.

It's definitely the 3rd most interesting fight on paper - I think it should be the middle fight.

Hunt suing the UFC. Prettt easy to see why he is listed in the opener.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back