Yair vs Holloway

At this stage, Holloway is probably too much for Yair. I think his pace, length and cardio would overwhelm Yair, but maybe in a fight or two, Yair could be champ.

Yair...

Browne losing to Cain
Smolka losing to Moreno
BJ losing to Yair

Mexicans are hawaiians weakness

Now time for Stephens, then if he gets by Jeremy he takes on either Chad or Lamas, should he get by that test then it is Edgar and then title shot IMO.

Last edited:
profile_picture_by_kanyeshrug-d49hh4v.png
Who takes it?
I think Max has the perfect style to mess Yair up. I think Yair would favor better against Aldo. No one seems to like this opinion but it is what is.

At this points in they careers, Holloway would probably rape Yair. UFC wouldn't feed one of they upincomin stars in a rapeshow like that, but in 2018 Yair is champ and 2020 he is GOAT

Would be a great trilogy of fights

Max wins it imo, I think Max pressures and doesn't let Yair get the kicks off and his boxing is much better so I think Max fucks Yair up with the boxing and Yair hasn't shown to have good hands. Ground is probably about even, if not Max there too.

Maybe with some more experience Yair can be up there, but he hasn't proven himself fully yet. The Caceres fight was pretty revealing and an old BJ isn't the best way to judge how good he has gotten since then.

Max wins it imo, I think Max pressures and doesn't let Yair get the kicks off and his boxing is much better so I think Max fucks Yair up with the boxing and Yair hasn't shown to have good hands. Ground is probably about even, if not Max there too.

Maybe with some more experience Yair can be up there, but he hasn't proven himself fully yet. The Caceres fight was pretty revealing and an old BJ isn't the best way to judge how good he has gotten since then.

Said everything I want to say which is good because I'm too drunk to say what I want to. Thank you.

Right now I think Max does enough to grind him out over 5 rounds.

Yair is good, but against top 5 guys like Holloway, Aldo, Edgar, the spinning and crazy kicks are far less effective. There's no way he lands as frequently on those guys. In a few years he'll be right up there, but I think 155 is in his future, he's already a big 145er.

Yair needs a little more time. It's hard to gauge what this win over BJ Penn is actually worth. I'd love to see it in 12-18 months.

Back