Why do UFC's entrances look so poverty compared to Pride's?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They all look the same. Some fighter with his head covered in a hoodie coming out to Eminem or 50cent. Will we ever have such an intense entrance like this again?

I love the big entrances. Now they just run 20 yards to the cage.

Tito had some good ones.

I loved Big Nog's in PRIDE

lol I miss these entrances

That's how you gain fans!

Last edited:
Blame the athletic commission. they run half the show

No UFC fighters have the aura of Fedor, they'll never pull that off. The entire roster and most of the champs are club fighters.

But, But, but now we have staged press conferences where people throw bottles and wear mink coats!!

That entrance from Fedor...Jesus that man was terrifying.

Pride had a stage and a ramp the fighters came down. The UFC fighters just walk down a narrow walkway

sinead-oconnor-video.jpg

Pride's entrances were big spectacles, but they were also kind of corny and very pro-wrestlingish. Bellator is trying to do something like this and it just doesn't seem right. It's a matter of legitimizing the sport.

Pride's entrances were big spectacles, but they were also kind of corny and very pro-wrestlingish. Bellator is trying to do something like this and it just doesn't seem right. It's a matter of legitimizing the sport.
Legitimizing the sport by gifting title shots and making "money fights" LMAO

I remember some interview (early 2000s) where Dana was asked specifically about entrances and he spouted something about he thought the PRIDE entrances were goofy and too much like wrestling, so he'd never go that route.

Frankly, if I'm not watching the event live I just skip straight to Buffer.

"intense entrance" = gay pro wrestling stuff

{<jordan}

Will we ever have entrances like those again? Hopefully only in the clown shoes companies like RIZIN.

For Brocks last fight they switched to a side shot from far back during his entrance and it looked like he a monster walking through the crowd, shit was pretty dope

Because the fights are more important than the entrances.

It's a complete waste of money.

"intense entrance" = gay pro wrestling stuff

{<jordan}

Will we ever have entrances like those again? Hopefully only in the clown shoes companies like RIZIN.

UFC is about pro wrestling as it gets, but without the production budget that allows a half decent entrance.

Back