How do u rank Benavidez historically when hes only lost to the GOAT of 2 divisions?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Only lost to Demetrious and Cruz. 1st Demetrious and 2nd Cruz fights were very close and competitive as well.

Hes beaten everyone else hes fought. Only controversial win is Cejudo and most had it a draw so he didnt really lose. Hes top 5 flyweight of alltime easily and has an argument for #2 flyweight ever, and prolly top 10 BW of alltime.

@ 125

Urushitani (top 5)
Mccall (top 5)
Uyenyoma (top 10)
Formiga (top 10)
Elliot (top 20)
Dustin (top 20)
Moraga (top 20)
Bagautinov (top 10)
Makovsky (top 10)
Cejudo (top 5)

@ 135

Yahya (top 3)
Torres (#2)
Wineland (top 10)
Fabiano (top 5)
Curran (top 10 @ FW, BW debut)
Loveland (top 30)

Is that an ATG? I think so....

He is the best of all the losers, like Jerry Seinfeld said of Olympic Silver Medalists.

Those divisions are so thin they should merge with women's strawweight and bantamweight.

His record an highlight reel is impressive, but his technique makes me cringe the way he constantly leaps in with hands down trying for that knee an winding up on his punches. I also really don't wanna see him fight (lose*) against Johnson for 3rd time, but maybe he should just get that title shot...lose...then retire an become a coach with Ludwig. Like Faber should have done instead of being a gate keeper.

An obviously I didn't mean Faber should coach with Ludwig lol

Only lost to Demetrious and Cruz. 1st Demetrious and 2nd Cruz fights were very close and competitive as well.

Hes beaten everyone else hes fought. Only controversial win is Cejudo and most had it a draw so he didnt really lose. Hes top 5 flyweight of alltime easily and has an argument for #2 flyweight ever, and prolly top 10 BW of alltime.

@ 125

Urushitani (top 5)
Mccall (top 5)
Uyenyoma (top 10)
Formiga (top 10)
Elliot (top 20)
Dustin (top 20)
Moraga (top 20)
Bagautinov (top 10)
Makovsky (top 10)
Cejudo (top 5)

@ 135

Yahya (top 3)
Torres (#2)
Wineland (top 10)
Fabiano (top 5)
Curran (top 10 @ FW, BW debut)
Loveland (top 30)

Is that an ATG? I think so....
He's definitely a damn good fighter. To me he's a pretty constant, in that I think he's going to win whatever fight he has coming up. Much like I believe MM will beat whoever he's fighting. That's why I give Cejudo all the credit in the world, because I thought Benavidez was going to tear through him. Up to this point he's had as good, if not better career than Faber.

He ranks second in the weakest men's division in UFC history but he's second by a mile... so as far as being an all time great, no.

Isn't he easily top2 Flyweight of all time too?

TS stole my thread, I posted this 11 minutes ago, before you ;)

Sorry man.

Saw ur thread like 5 minutes after posting lol, my bad

Isn't he easily top2 Flyweight of all time too?

There was a Japanese flyweight trinity who put in work as the top guys @ 125 for a while. I think JoeB is superior to them (and he finished one of them when they were still hanked top 5)

He's like the Kenny Florian. Best of the rest but not near the best. He lost that fight last night though.

He's like the Kenny Florian. Best of the rest but not near the best. He lost that fight last night though.

Hes a much better fighter than Kenflo was.

Kenflo lost to multiple fighters who werent championship level, let alone the GOAT of their division. Doesnt have near the quality of wins either.

Back