Maynard flipping off and mocking Hall...

ingoditrust

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As we know, this is MMA, mixed martial arts, and for how many people for as frustrated at that fight as Maynard did, it is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, and Gray couldn't mix it with Hall.

He wanted no part of the ground, yet was unable to strike as he was afraid of being taken down to an ankle lock or some kind of submission.

How do you hate on a guy that nullifies what you have worked on to DEFEAT people for years?

Hall just proving how high level his ground game is, which Stockon slapping peeps with his head kicks.

50 50 kick!

Props to Hall. Making people consider his jits, even as other already fear Maia.

I like Hall and he is quite good but being completely unable or unwilling to box or exchange at close range is bad news once you fight top 10 guys. He will get finished in one of his next fights.

I don't understand how people can hate on a guy for fighting the smartest way he can utilizing his skill set... Is he not supposed to try & win??

I like Hall and he is quite good but being completely unable or unwilling to box or exchange at close range is bad news once you fight top 10 guys. He will get finished in one of his next fights.

Yeah, I would make sure he works on ducking the rights better. If Gray would have punched for the chest as he was against the fence I think he would of tagged him.

Halls right straight, and head kicks landed though.

Hall was stalling the fight rolling for leg locks he had no chance of getting and sitting on his back like a punk azz bitch.

I don't understand how people can hate on a guy for fighting the smartest way he can utilizing his skill set... Is he not supposed to try & win??

And in a fight, Gray wanted no part, then got mad at him for not standing and banging.

What did Gray think he would do? Hall could say the same about Gray avoiding the ground ; )

Maynard did NOTHING he hardly pressured threw very few strikes didn't want to grapple I don't know why he even showed up

I like hall but a veteran like Maynard shouldn't be afraid of halls takedowns he could have atleast pressured him and tried to box he just stood at kicking range and got kicked in the face then stood over hall refusing to grapple

I get what Hall was trying to do but when you keep doing it and its not working you look like a stupid idiot. It was annoying to watch.

People should be more mad at gray he showed up just for the paycheck. he just stood at kicking range getting hit in the face and refused to grapple. whethere people agree with Ryan's style or not is irrelevant atleast he was trying to win

People should be more mad at gray he showed up just for the paycheck. he just stood at kicking range getting hit in the face and refused to grapple. whethere people agree with Ryan's style or not is irrelevant atleast he was trying to win
raw

His mma career in its current state is a manifestation of the downed-opponent rule

Change that one rule and his career is over

That's pathetic

I tend to agree. If Maynard didn't like it he had his opportunity to do something about it and he didn't

That fight sucked but I agree. Hall completely schooled Maynard. That guy should retire.

At the very least Gray should have been diving in when there was <1min left in each round. He acted as if him getting subbed was a forgone conclusion despite a fucking TUF fighter surviving Hall's ground game

The whole time I was thinking.. "maybe there is still a chance for me in this sport, I just need to get super good at forward rolls and 50/50 guard and I could be in the UFC!"

Props to Ryan. He outsmarted Gray and his team.

Yeah. Not like he out struck Gray.

Low-investment kicks and flopping certainly wouldn't win him a kickboxing match against Gray Maynard, let alone someone who isn't washed-up

And if Gray could head-stomp a la Pride, Hall would literally retire before stepping in the cage.

His mma career in its current state is a manifestation of the downed-opponent rule

Change that one rule and his career is over

That's pathetic

His entire career is pretty new. he clearly showed he'd been working some striking. also gray wouldn't commit to ANYTHING that makes it hard for a guy whose looking to time takedowns/imanari rolls/kicks I think he and most people thought gray would be the aggressor wasn't the case

Low-investment kicks and flopping certainly wouldn't win him a kickboxing match against Gray Maynard, let alone someone who isn't washed-up

And if Gray could head-stomp a la Pride, Hall would literally retire before stepping in the cage.
Maybe. But they fought MMA & those aren't the rules so it doesn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back