After last night's fight, no one should wonder why MM suffers in popularity

Crushasaurus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Tim Elliot was supposed to lose quick, and instead showed heart, grit, and the tenacity of a Tasmanian devil. He made it entertaining as hell for the first 2 rounds.

MM laid and prayed in one of the worst blanket fests I've ever seen. (Also bad on the ref, I've seen standups for a lot less.)

I hope MM no longer wonders why he's unpopular. We almost got an exciting fight and he snuffed that out in terribly boring fashion.

Tim gained a ton of fans last night. And if MM has some, he definitely lost a couple last night.

Almost felt like Jones vs OSP but hell.... Jones was at least out of trouble during the whole fight. Both looked average against average opponents even though they were expected to run through them.

He's not popular bc people don't like flyweights bc they think they can beat them up bc they are taller.

MM showing dat MM speed and skill

You are obviously not a real MMA fan.
No real fan would even waste his time watching these midgets jump around.

Mighty Mouse isn't the problem.

Spoiled uneducated and unappreciative fans who have never fought or grappled a day in their lives are the problem.

Did the same shit against torres and koriguchi-san. The dude is overrated beyond belief.

I started watching the Cejudo Benavidez fight and it felt wrong. It was like watching two children fight.

It is kinda disturbing, sorry.

Well, MM is 5'3 on his best day, straight out bed. He's fighting a guy a lot bigger than him. He isn't known for his KO power and the lighter divisions don't usually have KO power. His style is far from being a finisher. I am not really sure what you expect from him. It's like expecting GSP to finish a fight. It's surprising if it happens, but isn't likely to happen.

MMA is MMA but I'd still rather watch a LW, WW, or MW fight over a FLW or a woman fight. It just seems more dangerous and compelling at the higher weightclasses. Drama is a huge part of why this sport is so successful.

Mighty Mouse isn't the problem.

Spoiled uneducated and unappreciative fans who have never fought or grappled a day in their lives are the problem.

Naw because most went to that 1 free class at their local BJJ school thinking that by watching the UFC they'd automatically dominate that smaller female blue belt but then got ragdolled. Now they don't like smaller people.

Says the Mcgregor fanboy.

2 division champ who fights 4 times in 11 months, saves cards by accepting late replacement opponents, and always shows up, yea what mma fan would appreciate a fighter like that. Only real mma fans appreciate fighters who barely fight once a year, and pulls out of 50% of their fights, like Aldo.

Tim Elliot was supposed to lose quick, and instead showed heart, grit, and the tenacity of a Tasmanian devil. He made it entertaining as hell for the first 2 rounds.

MM laid and prayed in one of the worst blanket fests I've ever seen. (Also bad on the ref, I've seen standups for a lot less.)

I hope MM no longer wonders why he's unpopular. We almost got an exciting fight and he snuffed that out in terribly boring fashion.

Tim gained a ton of fans last night. And if MM has some, he definitely lost a couple last night.
<3>

Back