UFC bouts ruined by bizarre circumstances (cheating, drugs, injury or whatever)

Conor ducking presser
Jones brainwashed by a sport-killing weirdo
Barao KTFO by bathtub

Nick Diaz press conference.
Joe Riggs shooting himself.

Leandro Silva vs Drew Dober.

Makes my blood boil anytime I rewatch that fight.

Conor's left hand totally fucking ruined the Aldo fight. Should've been a war.

Jones "dick pills" making Nunes/Tate the main event of 200 4 days out was as crappy as it gets.

Are you looking for instances during the fight? So far, none of the posts seem to be going along with that criteria.

Wanderlei vs Chael, Wand ran from USADA and Chael pissed hot. Double whammy.

Matt Brown vs Carlos Condit, Brown pulled out with a back injury a week before the fight, Condit ended up fighting Woodley and blew out his knee during the fight,

Rickson Gracie vs Sakuraba- Gracie's son died and he withdrew from the fight.

hqdefault.jpg

Are you looking for instances during the fight? So far, none of the posts seem to be going along with that criteria.
Yeah my original idea was instances during (or after) the fight. Like a post fight drug fail after a good match.

These are good mentions though that ruined anticipated fights, so i guess it's alright.

Bad Nova Uniao weight cuts seem like they have ruined a handful of fights.

Anderson Silva vs Matt Hughes, Silva was set to fight Matt Hughes at UFC 36, but Anderson's contract with Pride prevented him from doing so.

Yeah my original idea was instances during (or after) the fight. Like a post fight drug fail after a good match.

These are good mentions though that ruined anticipated fights, so i guess it's alright.

This is not in the UFC but both guys we're UFC fighters so it counts.

During the James Irvin vs Bobby Southworth fight, someone forgot to latch the cage door. When the fighters clinched up against it, the door swung open, sending Irvin crashing onto the hard floor.

He couldn't continue and the fight was declared a no contest.

Here's the video:

Anderson's two losses to Weidman
Anderson's KO of Bisping
Nick Diaz getting pulled from his UFC 137 fight with GSP over a missed press conference
Condit pulling a running man on Nick at UFC 143
Jones crashing into the pregnant woman and robbing us of Jones-Rumble
Jones popping for PEDs days before UFC 200

Back