Daniel Cormier hopes UFC 206 doesn’t get ‘lost’ after Georges St-Pierre drama

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
“I fought on [UFC] 200, so I know what a big pay-per-view looks like in term of revenue, pay-per-view revenue,” Cormier said. “So I'm hoping that it gets worked out because [UFC] 205 is going to be massive, [UFC] 207 is going to be massive, with Georges St-Pierre in the middle the UFC can have three big shows back-to-back at the end of the year. I don’t know if we have done that in a really long time.

“I just don't want to be at UFC 206 and kind of just get lost in the middle of [UFC] 205 and [UFC] 207, and then people are like, ‘You know what, I'm going to save my money for the Ronda [Rousey] fight’. It kind of happened at UFC 198 and [UFC] 199 where those guys struggled a little bit because people were like, ‘I'm going to [wait] to get 200, and I'm going to spend my money there’. I hope it gets worked out because financially it's a big difference."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...oesn-t-get-lost-after-georges-st-pierre-drama

that card s*ck *ss right now.

would lmao if that only make 150-200k of ppv's buys.

Edit : Cormier probably pray baby jesus every night that Gsp fight on that card if he get a cut of ppv's buy in his contract....

well... that ship has sailed now hasnt it?

I'm fucking stoked for DC/Rumble 2 tbh, first fight was underrated and a really good come back win for DC.

Card definitely isn't stacked with names but does have some interesting prospects on it so far with Vannata, Choi, Cirkunov, and Krylov.

Is there hope for george making it in 206?

Never say never.

The bad guy.
Anderson.
And many others have found their way onto big cards in less time.
They didn't even thank Andy for stepping up. This card sucks. I'm not buying a ticket or paying for the PPV

Poor Cormier. His last performance didn't do him any favors.

Poor Cormier. His last performance didn't do him any favors.

Was shocked by how bad he looked in that fight. I think AJ can win this but he's way to unreliable for me to favor him.

This event will be the very first MMA show ill be watching live. Would have been nice if GSP was on it.

This card only has 2-3 quality fights, but I don't know everyone on the UFC roster. Only 3 of these fights appeal to me.

The 205 card is so stacked that many cards will look bad in comparison. Still, DC vs Rumble is a great main in my book.

Well, Anthony wanted to fight at 205 which Cormier refused so...

I think the card would be better if it were upside down.

It would be the first upside down UFC so that would beat out MSG for sure. It would be literally unbelievable.

Or else graft wings onto them and let them fight in the air?

Fake fan.

Card is stacked with great fights.
Listen dipshit, over half the main card isn't even ranked. Outside of Cormier and Rumble, the only other ranked fighters are two 125 manlets. There's fighters in the UFC who weigh more than both of them combined.

The 205 card is so stacked that many cards will look bad in comparison. Still, DC vs Rumble is a great main in my book.
Main = Good
Rest = Bad

Not worth 200$ for a ticket or 60$ for that main.

DC knows the general public haven't a fucking clue who he is sharing the card with.

Tickets on sale to the public today ...

I keep waiting for a legit co main to be announced.

After letting the head of Canadian ops do media with DC and Rumble then shit canning him the next day I have zero faith in UFC being commited to Canada.

Listen dipshit, over half the main card isn't even ranked. Outside of Cormier and Rumble, the only other ranked fighters are two 125 manlets. There's fighters in the UFC who weigh more than both of them combined.

Oh you think fighters need to be ranked to put on great fights.

Classic noobie.

Back