Aldo went over 14 months without defending the belt

d3vil0ck

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As the title says, when Aldo was FW champ, he went well over a year without fighting and not only was never stripped, but no interim title was created

By the time 205 happens, it will be 11 months since McGregor won the belt. He could certainly defend the 145 title in 3 months if he wins or loses, barring injury.

I hope everyone crying about Conor was also demanding Aldo be stripped when he went without defending the belt WAY longer than Conor. I doubt it though, because logic doesn't go over well here.

Also, he went 13 months between his Mendes and Edgar fights.

Twice in Aldo's reign he went a year without defending the belt. If you add that up, that's nearly 2 and a half years of being inactive without a defense.

Where was the outcry then? Oh wait, you just can't stand Conor so you complain about anything and everything

And? Point is? People were always calling for Aldo to be stripped when he went over 9 months without a title defense. Conor should be stripped. 3 fights outside of FW in a row with absolutely no intention of defending, even though he's healthy, is completely idiotic.

yes. i remember him fighting in other weight classes and refusing to defend the belt. he wasn't injured or anything like that. he was just being a fairy-godchild of dana white.

OP, do you cuckold your women to Conor ?

Aldo was injured.

It don't matter the reason, it's on him and his team and more importantly, the result is the same - title put on hold.

Actually thinking of it, the results are not quite the same, since McGregor is actually still fighting and making himself, his opponent and the UFC $$$$, while Aldo just sat on his ass and did nuttin'.

As the title says, when Aldo was FW champ, he went well over a year without fighting and not only was never stripped, but no interim title was created

By the time 205 happens, it will be 11 months since McGregor won the belt. He could certainly defend the 145 title in 3 months if he wins or loses, barring injury.

I hope everyone crying about Conor was also demanding Aldo be stripped when he went without defending the belt WAY longer than Conor. I doubt it though, because logic doesn't go over well here.

<{jackyeah}>{<redford}<40>

Aldo also pulled out of 1 scheduled fight with McGregor and ran from him a second time.

Injury indeed but tink more absolutely, net wise its still bad

But then again 2 Wrongs dont make a Right

aldo wasn't getting choked out or running around in other weighclasses, generally he defended the belt twice a year, which is more than conor so far

Ya, but when he did fight he put his heart and soul into it and gave everything he got. Oh wait he actually coasted to a boring decision in almost every fight.

vz905t.jpg

There is a big difference between not being able to defend the belt because you are injured and not defending the belt because you don't want to. No one would be "crying" for Conor to be stripped if he had been injured this entire time. What people have a problem with right now is the fact that Conor is actively fighting at WW/LW instead of defending the FW title.

Also was injured, retard.

And? Point is? People were always calling for Aldo to be stripped when he went over 9 months without a title defense. Conor should be stripped. 3 fights outside of FW in a row with absolutely no intention of defending, even though he's healthy, is completely idiotic.
nailing it right on the head man!

Not all Aldo's fault, UFC decided to wait until McGregor fought Siver in January to make the fight and even then they announced it for the card all the way in July.

Whose fault is that? Again, he was out over a year twice and no interim belt was even thought of. No one was crying to get him stripped.
Relax. I just think choosing to not defend and not being able to defend are two different things.

Back