now that holm isnt the champion its the perfect time to make Holm vs Cyborg

Holly is taking a long time off and took back what she said about fighting Cyborg.

I think it's a good fight and Holly is competitive in it.

It's going to take someone stepping up.

Career wise, win or lose, she would gain points for doing it.

Holly is a one hit wonder. Beat Rousey, took back what she said about fighting cyborg after losing to tate and lost again decisively.

Holm was already offered the fight and ducked Cyborg, it was all just talk.

Is Ronda really coming back though?

As the UFC you have to hope for the best. There are enough bodies at the moment for Cyborg to wreck and continue building momentum. Meanwhile let's give Holm a softball so she can hopefully rebound. And most importantly, let's try everything to get Rousey to return for potential future $$ fights with both Holm and Cyborg. They might or might not happen, but at least you've done your part.

You saw Fox sport reporting that contract has been offered to Rousey right? That has to be done on purpose to put public pressure on Rousey. The public now knows she's been offered a fight, if it doesn't happen, everybody will know she backed out of it.

If Holm gets destroyed by Cyborg you kill virtually all potential interest for a Holm Rousey rematch. Why would you want to do that?
If she wins the rematch becomes probably the biggest fight in wmma

Holm is the female version of Lyoto Machida......BORING. She served her purpose in beating Honda, who went in full Kamikazei and got caught. No more Holm, please.

If she wins the rematch becomes probably the biggest fight in wmma

Well to be fair, if Holm had won her last 2 fights (Tate at 196, then Nunes at 200), the Holm Rousey rematch would already rival any McGregor fight and be by far the biggest fight in women's combat sport history. The fact that she lost to Tate and Shevchenko should tell you it's not a good idea at this point to match her up with Cyborg.

She's getting up there in age and maybe she will never be ready for Cyborg, but at this point the best option would be a tune up fight of some kind imo.

Well to be fair, if Holm had won her last 2 fights (Tate at 196, then Nunes at 200), the Holm Rousey rematch would already rival any McGregor fight and be by far the biggest fight in women's combat sport history. The fact that she lost to Tate and Shevchenko should tell you it's not a good idea at this point to match her up with Cyborg.

She's getting up there in age and maybe she will never be ready for Cyborg, but at this point the best option would be a tune up fight of some kind imo.
If you put her against a nobody shell lose anyway tbh.

If Holm gets destroyed by Cyborg you kill virtually all potential interest for a Holm Rousey rematch. Why would you want to do that?

I do not think Cyborg would destroy her standing. Valentina is just very technical and experienced, and she was using those oosh sounds to step to the side and attack Holly's legs. Holly really needs to stop doing them against good strikers. Cyborg would probably go to the ground.

If you put her against a nobody shell lose anyway tbh.

Give her a chance. If she loses this softball oh well, abandon ship and hop on something else. Holm Rousey 2 if done right should soar past 1 million PPV and they have to do everything in their power to try to preserve it.

I do not think Cyborg would destroy her standing. Valentina is just very technical and experienced, and she was using those oosh sounds to step to the side and attack Holly's legs. Holly really needs to stop doing them against good strikers. Cyborg would probably go to the ground.

I still think it's too risky. Give her a softie to rebound. She's 0-2, it makes no sense for her to fight Cyborg.

Book it dana . Money fight !! makes a great co

You just a mean son of a b!tch into kicking puppy dogz & kittenz, poor Ronda still dealing with trauma from Holy Holly and wanna throw her to Cyborg.

As the UFC you have to hope for the best. There are enough bodies at the moment for Cyborg to wreck and continue building momentum. Meanwhile let's give Holm a softball so she can hopefully rebound. And most importantly, let's try everything to get Rousey to return for potential future $$ fights with both Holm and Cyborg. They might or might not happen, but at least you've done your part.

You saw Fox sport reporting that contract has been offered to Rousey right? That has to be done on purpose to put public pressure on Rousey. The public now knows she's been offered a fight, if it doesn't happen, everybody will know she backed out of it.
I don't care to see Rousey vs holly, I just don't see her beating holly. Cyborg is the match to make, cyborg tends to get a little sloppy when brawling so I can see it going to clinch and Ronda getting her. Sure wouldn't bet in it though.

Well Holm drestroyed interest in it herself by failing to perform well in her non rousey fights. I say she should do it, Win she shows she is a top competitor and deserves to be around the title.
Lose, then she is already out of the title picture anyways, so what evs

I don't care to see Rousey vs holly, I just don't see her beating holly. Cyborg is the match to make, cyborg tends to get a little sloppy when brawling so I can see it going to clinch and Ronda getting her. Sure wouldn't bet in it though.

What are you talking about, watching Rousey get KTFO again by Holm is my raison d'être. All the more reason to make that fight if she can't beat Holm!

It would be a stupid business decision to give up Rousey Holm at this point. You have to exhaust all available resources before you move on from Rousey. The casual mainstream interest in her vs. everybody else in WMMA is not remotely comparable. Also, Holm is on a 2 fight skid, even though she's far more credentialed than Cyborg's typical opponents, she still needs to get something in the win column before fighting the female FW GOAT.

i guess her last two losses are saying otherwise. she needs another massive win before this suggestion gets any proper traction [again].

Back