Ronda Jean Rousey, A Victim Of Her Own Success And Volition

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Ronda's fall from grace reminds me the classic Greek myth of Icarus and the Sun. Icarus, who flew to the sun on wings made of feathers and wax, flew too close and the the wings melted and Icarus fell to his death.

Rousey steamrolled the competition and with the massive push from the UFC hype machine, she flew into MMA/UFC and mainstream stardom. During her rise to champion from Strikeforce to the UFC, she went from a bright eyed humble young woman to a hard loud mouthed champion with an opinion on everything with an agrressive domineering attitude to anyone and everyone.

She stayed the course, flying on wings of self delusion that her boxing was as good as her judo. During her last year as champion, Rousey became the most insufferable in my opinion, and her less than stellar behavior displayed itself during fight week and the weigh ins with Holly Holm.

Holly Holm melted those wings and Rousey came crashing down to Earth and reality hit her worse than any of Holly's head kicks. That head kick not only shattered that arrogant and obnoxious persona, but it also destroyed her aura of invincibility and Rousey's self confidence.

In a way I want Rousey to comeback, mainly to see her get her ass kicked in by Nunes or by Holly again, but I'm pretty sure she's done. I think she's lost her taste for fighting and I don't think she can mentally handle another loss, should that happen again.

She's a victim of being overhyped and believing in it. Ronda is good, but she isn't invincible like the UFC and her fans made her out to be. Still would like to see how she could do if she came back

Any sympathy someone could have for Ronda is completely nullified when she went back to Edmond.

She's a victim of being overhyped and believing in it. Ronda is good, but she isn't invincible like the UFC and her fans made her out to be. Still would like to see how she could do if she came back

I think they're are number of girls who can beat her; Nunes, Pena, Valentina with the right game plan.

In a way I want Rousey to comeback, mainly to see her get her ass kicked in by Nunes or by Holly again, but I'm pretty sure she's done

Nunes!?

giphy.gif

I guess you can't hate on Conor as easily, because he won, and now you have to wear a Conor AV...

So you might as well move over to the other cliche, hating on Honda.

Looking forward to your next thread hating on someone else, after Honda comes back and probably wins, and you will probably have a Honda AV. :)

Well we know how well Rousey can take a shot. And that's what they said about holly, no?

I'd say Ronda can take a decent punch yes.

That kick would've KO'd every female fighter on the roster and Ronda was already fucked before that.

It's all up to Ronda to admit to herself that she wasn't as skilled overall as she thought she was. If she were able to accept that and train for it, she could still be an extremely formidable challenger for the belt. If not, others can just gameplan for the charging bull like Holly did. Not everyone could pull that off, but not everyone has to.

I guess you can't hate on Conor as easily, because he won, and now you have to wear a Conor AV...

Looking forward to your next thread hating on someone else, after Honda comes back and probably wins, and you will probably have a Honda AV. :)

I used to be Rousey fan, but her attitude repulsed me.

And Mcgregor still hasn't convinced me of anything.

What planet are you living on? Ronda isn't very likely to come back, and when she does, that division has already passed her by.

What planet are you living on? Ronda isn't very likely to come back, and when she does, that division has already passed her by.

Petey is like a little kid, he gets easily distracted by bright flashy things.

Don't bring doze Greek allusions in here, bro.

The entire thing about Ronda is kind of weird/sad, she´s def talanted and champ material no doubt and after what she did to Bethe i became a fan.

Hope she comes back and wins the belt back. I don´t know why really. I miss her, i miss Jones, FFS JUST COME BACK!! *crying in bed

I used to be Rousey fan, but her attitude repulsed me.

And Mcgregor still hasn't convinced me of anything.

I don't really mind personality quirks. I mind if they start driving over babies like Jones, but that's about it.

As for McGregor... bro if the Denial phase lasts longer than 10 days, I heard you're supposed to seek help. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back