Poll: Is Demian Maia the greatest mma jiu-jitsu practicioner in MMA History?

Is Demian Maia the greatest mma jiu-jitsu practicioner in MMA History?

• Total voters

brandonwarner

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Question's simple. Is Maia the greatest ji jitsu practicioner in MMA history. Screw the bjj credentials, I'm looking for simply best adoption of jiu jitsu to mma. Can a mod please make this a poll.

I believe he is the greatest, consistently taking down top names in the sport

Where's the poll? For MMA jitz, probably. But overall, Marcello Garcia, Roger Gracie and Jacare all have a more decorated BJJ background.

He's definitely right up there. Kinda tough because he's not a champ...if he were a champ and defending titles like this etc there would be no question.

I'd give it to Rickson. If we are talking modern era than possibly. Jacare has been successful.

He is one of few that can tap people w/o the arm under the chin. Michael Keisia has gotton pretty fucking good at it. Maia is strong as fuck and only trains bjj and wrestling. No boxing training.

cody-mckenzie-retirement-tweet.jpg

it's nice to give props for fighters who win with emphasis - but let us not be quick to exaggerate..

Yes

And the only one to really go out to fight straight up BJJ (with very little help of boxing and wrestling)

Definitely. I'm sure Jacare could do something similar, but his striking has developed way more than Maia's.

He is one of few that can tap people w/o the arm under the chin. Michael Keisia has gotton pretty fucking good at it. Maia is strong as fuck and only trains bjj and wrestling. No boxing training.

He actually did some boxing training with Dórea (JDS coach) but he only uses it to set up his takedowns.

Back