Anyone going to miss Rory in the UFC?

spannered

Real men don't wear belts
@Black
Reaction score
With his comments about pay in the year or so leading up to his title fight, it was obvious he's more interested in making quick bank than getting belts and building a legacy. He timed his leave badly though, dropping two straight fights on his way out the door.

I'm not sure going to Bellator is the smartest move for him, even if he got offered a little extra money - he's been in the top 5 at WW for years and really put himself on the map with his fight with Lawler. The set-back to Thompson isn't that devastating IMO, as I have Thompson becoming champ as soon as he signs on the dotted line against Woodley, and Rory made it competitive enough of a fight that there's potential for another shot at him.

In Bellator, what's his future? Pick the belt off Koreshkov, get a few defenses against opponents outside of the top 10... Fair enough if he just wants to give his nose a break (no pun intended) and take on some easier caliber fighters for moderate money.

He put on some mediocre fights during his UFC tenure, but I enjoyed watching him. Hope the Bellator thing works out for him.

I watch Bellator also so will see him anyway, the promotion doesn't matter. A few good fights for him over there.

Before the Lawler fight, I always thought of him as a boring fighter. The Thompson fight made me remember that Rory isn't the most exciting fighter.

I don't care too much.

Yes, I am. I dislike Bellator, can't watch it. I think Rory is a great fighter and it will be a sad to see him go.

Yeah I like him. He's been in 2 of the best UFC fights ever with Lawler and Condit

Only mma fans, but I guess TS wouldn't know much about that.

This is a definite loss to the UFC roster. Rory is and will continue to be one of the best welterweights in the world.

Yes. Despite most times when it looked like he had an awesome match up it turned out boring(Ellenberger, Woodley specifically. Also expected a more in the Thompson fight).

Obviously at first when you think about it it does ring like bad news but truth is, it looked in his fight vs Wonderboy that his war vs Lawler left scars. So it might be a good thing to go there, get his drive and his confidence back and give his career a second wind.

Would have liked to see him stay in the UFC, he's given us some great fights. Wish him good luck with Bellator.

Still will watch him but will miss him on the UFC roster for sure.

Not really... I don't find him to be a thrilling fighter. He's a point fighter a lot of the time.

lawler-macdonald.gif

nkjVUpN.gif

I will. I want the best fighters in the UFC.

I wanted to see him vs Cerrone.

Of course, he is my favorite fighter. I do watch Bellator and there is interesting match ups to be made in that organization. He belongs in the UFC though.

I watch every Bellator event just like I do the UFC so not really

Back