UFC on FOX 21: Demian Maia vs Carlos Condit PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Demian_Maia_vs_Carlos_Condit.jpg

Second

EDIT: C'monnnnnn Condit!

This is the kind of match-up where I want both fighters to win.

Want condit to murk the desperation wrestler.

I love and hate this fight at the same time. I love it because it's great and I hate it because I didn't want any of them to lose.

Here's hoping for a grat fight in which both look good.

Condit is gonna give Maia everything he has in the bottom when he inevitably gets taken down.

Condit is gonna give Maia everything he has in the bottom when he inevitably gets taken down.
Really looking forward to how al that plays out. Condit is nasty off his back but Maia can find an opening anywhere. Hope it's a great fight.

Condit loses because of lack of blood to brain

I love and hate this fight at the same time. I love it because it's great and I hate it because I didn't want any of them to lose.

Here's hoping for a grat fight in which both look good.

yeah definitely very hard to root against either of these guys. Really likable and great fighters.

I subscribe to the notion that Maia is stylistically very problematic for Condit. Maia's an awesome takedown artist/top game practitioner and Condit has historically been very susceptible to takedowns. People point to Condit's conditioning, which is awesome, and Maia's tendency to fade. I do think that's important, but I also feel that Maia tends to work in a way, once he gets a fighter down, that allows him to really manage his energy well and still dominate the fight.

Maia will fatigue more if he is getting stifled and getting hit. Condit can definitely hit him, but can he stop him from putting him on the ground? Maia is a tough guy who likely will take a shot to close the gap and secure the takedown. Carlos is going to have to really work hard to resist the takedowns or to scramble back to his feet.

This place is going to be awesome saturday night. Either we'll see Maia become a human backpack for 5 rounds while his fanboys proclaim how godly he is in every thread, or we get to see some flashy knockout from Condit, thus bringing said fanboys to tears.

Can't wait!

yeah definitely very hard to root against either of these guys. Really likable and great fighters.

I subscribe to the notion that Maia is stylistically very problematic for Condit. Maia's an awesome takedown artist/top game practitioner and Condit has historically been very susceptible to takedowns. People point to Condit's conditioning, which is awesome, and Maia's tendency to fade. I do think that's important, but I also feel that Maia tends to work in a way, once he gets a fighter down, that allows him to really manage his energy well and still dominate the fight.

Maia will fatigue more if he is getting stifled and getting hit. Condit can definitely hit him, but can he stop him from putting him on the ground? Maia is a tough guy who likely will take a shot to close the gap and secure the takedown. Carlos is going to have to really work hard to resist the takedowns or to scramble back to his feet.

Good breakdown, mate. I agree with you.

Maia all day! I want him to win that belt.

He's 3 months from his 39th birthday. Amazing he's still winning at this age. His cardio is his only real issue imo. I think his striking is incredibly underrated. If he gets tired like the Rory fight it will be tough. If he comes out strong and is aggressive with a choke then hopefully he can end it early. Most guys go fully defensive and try to just get wrist control. Condit seems more than capable of playing that game early. Maia will need to get creative.

Maia should be able to get Condit down without too much trouble but I think Condit may be able to scramble to his feet and force Maia to use a ton of energy to keep him down. I favor Condit in the later rounds, but the fact that hes been taken down with relative ease throughout his career makes me believe that Maia should probably get it done.

I'd pick Maia every time in a 3 round fight

Back