Honestly, McGregor is Nate's best friend and best thing to ever happen to him

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Forget the useless "scrap pack" who seem to only specialize in getting in random useless brawls, Conor took Nate from like $20k paychecks to what ? $12 MILLION plus in the span of half a year ?

If that's not a best friend and best thing to ever happen to Nate I don't know what is. I guess he owes RDA a beer too for getting injured and pulling out of his fight with Conor.

Bottom line : Nate is one of the most incredible chsnge of fortune stories I've ever seen short of someone winning the lottery.

You're looking at this logically. Please don't do that. You know Nate Diaz will never look at it that way, so why in the fuck would you?

Nate did it all by himself via beating MJ and putting on one of the greatest post fight call outs ever - on FOX.

... making Colin realize what the real money fight was.

.. motherfuckers.

nate getting all that casual money, must be sweet

Forget the useless "scrap pack" who seem to only specialize in getting in random useless brawls, Conor took Nate from like $20k paychecks to what ? $12 MILLION plus in the span of half a year ?

If that's not a best friend and best thing to ever happen to Nate I don't know what is. I guess he owes RDA a beer too for getting injured and pulling out of his fight with Conor.

Bottom line : Nate is one of the most incredible chsnge of fortune stories I've ever seen short of someone winning the lottery.
Nate changed mcgregor's workout and training partners.

Nate did it all by himself via beating MJ and putting on one of the greatest post fight call outs ever - on FOX.

... making Colin realize what the real money fight was.

.. motherfuckers.
Hahahaha i'm pretty sure he would have stuck with that 20/20 had he called RDA

Nate is the only reason red panty night exists
200.gif

The fall is going to be brutal when he wasted all the money and he's back to being an average fighter making average money

It seems like fans, especially mcgregor fans, have become more interested in how much money is being made than the actual art of fighting.

Unfortunate.

When Nate of all people immediately went over and love-slapped McGregor and rubbed his hair and half embraced him... I think he was acknowledging the fact Conor made him rich... they may never get along but in no universe does Nate not know that McGregor is why he is a multimillionaire

It seems like fans, especially mcgregor fans, have become more interested in how much money is being made than the actual art of fighting.

Unfortunate.

Conor putting on amazing fights is par for the course. It's like if someone asked you to describe what a girl looked like you wouldn't say "well shes has 2 eyes, hair, a nose, two arms, two legs... " We already know and expect this

i think it seems obvious nate diaz knows that, just like mcgregor ,he's only selling the fight, you can see from the post fight celebrations and some interviews that they both respect and probably like each other

Lol, had Nate gotten the hype and love after each of his exciting wins his paychecks certainly would have reflecTed it. If you didnt hear the crowd overwhelming cheer diaz than I guess you dont know he's had a big fanbase since conor was a plumber.

Steel sharpens steel. I think Nate has brought the best out of McGregor too and made him become a better, more focused fighter.

You're looking at this logically. Please don't do that. You know Nate Diaz will never look at it that way, so why in the fuck would you?

You know he does, but he has a part to play. Thinking that Nate actually cares about wins and losses or what people think is odd.
The only thing that matters to him at this point, and since the "needle mover" comment, is getting paid and getting out.

Don't take my word for it. Other fighters, from Rousey to Edgar, Rashad, and Cruz, have described him as some sort of idiot savant. Socially the guy's pretty much handicapped by his anxiety and speech impediment, but that doesn't mean he's a moron.
He just can't speak very well, and rather than work on it, he just plays it up, because haters gonna hate. He understands that this is all a game, and he's trying to play it to his advantage. The biggest equalizer is that now he can truly say he doesn't give a fuck if he ever fights again, and it is believable.

He might look at it or try to make it seem like he was playing Conor, but it was obviously mutually beneficial.
Nate played the underdog in the first fight and won it. Conor played the redemption angle pretty well.
If they want, a third fight, once again outside of Conor's division, will prove to have little risk for either fighter.

Like mystic Mac said, guys career gets revived after they fight him.

Honestly, I don't know why Mac is wasting his time going life and death with a guy who never won a UFC title...he should be defending his title or trying to win the belt at 155lbs. This reminds me of Gatti/Ward...fun but pointless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back