The big myths that will never die.

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Rogan likes to say "Bisping has a resting heart rate of 34 beats per Minute".
Really? He had that maybe 7 years ago or that was the last time it was tested. Did you check his heart rate back then, Joe? Or more importantly, did you check it since? Those things like resting heart rate change pretty quick and Bisping hasn't looked like the king of all cardio kings in the last 5 years.

"Hendo's wrestling is so great". I have never ever seen that great wrestling. Seen him get outgrappled by Shields pretty easily and I never felt his wrestling was a great weapon.

"Hendo's right hand". Okay - so this is a tricky one. Because Hendo fights 5 fights in a row and you don't see that right hand at all. Then it suddenly comes back. But it's not like he knocks people out left and right with his right and in most of his fights, it doesn't seem to be what Rogan makes it to be.

"The BJJ of Nick/Nate is top notch/world class/.....".
Yes it is. But it is not better than the BJJ of most other elite UFC fighters. When was the last time any of the Diaz Brothers submitted a world class BJJ guy? Never seen it in many years and their BJJ is very defensive too.

"Nick Diaz has insane cardio".
Haven't seen that in years.

I respect all of the fighters above, I just think that if somebody proves to be good at something in a certain stage of his career, then you shouldn't repeat it 10 years later as if it was still written in stone.

I think everyone knows by now that Hendo has completely forgotten how to wrestle.

I think in general you make an interesting point. Although I disagree with a couple of your assessments.

Lol at ts making Jake Shields the example to prove Hendo's grappling isn't that great. Jake Shields may be the best grappler in the history of mma.

Back