He Looked Scared At The Weigh Ins So He's Gonna Get KTFO

Ether13

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Why so many of these threads?? How somebody "looks" at the stare down has no effect on the actual fight.

Jon Jones can't even look his opponents in the face at the weigh ins, but Jon Jones doesn't lose ANY fights (sans USADA).

Damien Maia looks timid at stare downs, but he sure as fuck doesn't lose very many fights.

I don't understand this logic. Why grasp at straws?
Someone educate me on why people think this is an actual predictor of the fight itself 30 hours later.

He knows his UFC career is on the line, sure he's nervous

Yeah its stupid.

When I go to the race track, I check out the horses right before the race. I usually pick the ones that seem a little uneasy. By the time I finished writing this, I realized there is no correlation.

it's people trying to rationalize watching dudes flexing and looking cut in their underwear.

Conor going crazy at the weigh-ins - MINDGAMES
Conor calm at the weigh ins - MINDGAMES
Conor not wearing suit - MINDGAMES

Why so many of these threads?? How somebody "looks" at the stare down has no effect on the actual fight.

Jon Jones can't even look his opponents in the face at the weigh ins, but Jon Jones doesn't lose ANY fights (sans USADA).

Damien Maia looks timid at stare downs, but he sure as fuck doesn't lose very many fights.

I don't understand this logic. Why grasp at straws?
Someone educate me on why people think this is an actual predictor of the fight itself 30 hours later.
I think if you can spot a difference in how someone appears to be handling the stare downs it most likely is a legit reaction to that specific opponent. Assuming that fighter isn't all over the place generally.

People often jump to conclusions though and because someone appears to be nervous despite the fact they're always nervous at the weigh-ins they view it was fear and lack of confidence.

However I mean you can be fearful and confident at the same time, so it's a slippery slope. I.e. GSP was prob. afraid going into every fight even though he knew he was going to win 90%+ lol.

There have been weigh ins where I was able to pick the winner. I think it has to do with more of who is in shape, not so much one fighter being scared of the other. Fear is actually a good thing to have in a fight, but I think when you pick a career of prize fighting your'e not gonna have that many hangups about it.

Fighters that struggle with injuries are the ones I watch during the weigh ins to see what kind of shape they are in. Made some money from Shogun this way.

welcome to Sherdog, TS...home of countless keyboard warriors and armchair psychologists lol

people making predictions based upon a fighter 'looking scared' are probably either ignorant as f**k or they are trolling.

Back