Fighters who you've done a 180 on...

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Do you have any fighters who you've changed your opinion about dramatically over the course of their career? After watching TUF 10 I became less of a fan of Rampage based on how he acted (though I still wanted him to beat Rashad).

Rich Franklin after his guest coach stint in TUF 3. Was a huge fan of his before that trash, and adored watching him eat Spiders knees for the way he treated a true UFC champion in Matt Serra.

Maybe Ace should have taken his own genius game plan and knelled in front of the spider to start the fight!

Serra beat a serious contender for GOAT. Who did Franklin ever beat as "champion" that compares to Serra?

jones: use to like him, pretty intolerable now

Edgar: use to despise him, now im starting to like him

bisping: use to dislike him, now i think hes pretty awesome

I had nothing against him, but after watching Lawler vs Rory. It picked up my intrest lawler like 100 fold. Also Anderson Silva, use to enjoy the clowning now I just find it stupid and annoying.

Never. Probably Rampage comes the closest when watching him on TUF.

Liked Conor up until about the Siver fight, his trash talk used to be witty, funny and light hearted then around the Siver fight it got a lot nastier, not as funny and now most of it seems to be based around how much money he makes. I'm from the same area he grew up in and the only people in this area with money are gangsters so to hear him calling people bums and shit, he needs to remember where he came from.

Rich Franklin after his guest coach stint in TUF 3. Was a huge fan of his before that trash, and adored watching him eat Spiders knees for the way he treated a true UFC champion in Matt Serra.

Maybe Ace should have taken his own genius game plan and knelled in front of the spider to start the fight!

Serra beat a serious contender for GOAT. Who did Franklin ever beat as "champion" that compares to Serra?

Serra didn't beat a serious contender for GOAT, he beat someone who would eventually become a serious contender for GOAT.

jones: use to like him, pretty intolerable now

Edgar: use to despise him, now im starting to like him

bisping: use to dislike him, now i think hes pretty awesome
I feel exactly the same way!

I though that with Jones' skill set and creativity, we would see something amazing and special. Then he started eye poking, disrespectful shit talking and getting popped for drug offenses. My how the mighty have fallen.

Frankie is super tenacious. I finally get it, tough as nails, willing to fight anyone at almost any weight class.

Bisping has talked his shit and backed it up when questioned. I put nothing but respeck on his name from here on out. Unless he starts eye poking....

Jones. He was very classy and respectful when he first arrived in the UFC. Then it seems after either the Vera or Vladimir fight (cant remember) he showed his true colors and I couldn't stand him after that.

Michael Bisping.

Always thought he was annoying and couldn't back his words up, but the Anderson and Luke fights made me a fan.

I used to hate on the Diaz bros quite a bit when Nick was talking shit about Diego Sanchez and Nate was on TUF.
It's hard not to like them both now though, especially Nate

Used to dislike Nate but I'm becoming a fan. I liked Ross Pearson but not so much anymore.

Nick Diaz.

I fucking loved the dude right up until after the GSP fight,he didn't do fuck all that fight and just talked shit...After the fight,just complained the whole fucking time.

Talks mad shit (I get it),but then goes and complains about every little thing after he loses a fight smh

And I did the 180 on GSP except I became a fan of his after the Diaz fight haha

Bisping. Never used to like him.. but the last 2 years he has grown on me and I find a lot of humor in his insults now. I'm a fan of his now

Johnny Hendricks. Thought he was awesome when he was smashing Fitch, Kampmann, etc. But he has gotten whiny, and his performances haven't been great lately.

i always disliked King mo until i heard him a couple times on submission radio. He seems like a legit cool guy and it made me a fan.

i know its not ufc but.....yeah

As other have said bisping... never liked the guy... then he started pointing out most the guys he lost to popped and from then on he grew on me more and more

Weidman. He seemed like a very likeable guy until he lost the belt and now he's always crying.

As others have said, Bisping has grown on me over the years.

Back