Should Renan Barao Retire?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
So Barao has practically been exiled from BW after the two massacres of Dillashaw, and now he has lost to #9 FW Jeremy Stephens, and while the fight was competitive, it revealed that Barao is probably not going to be a contender...

His greatest hope is that Faber beats Cruz, so that he has some chance of returning to BW and being competitive again, but that seems high unlikely, and the best he can hope for at FW is another top 15 opponent like Yair to fight next.

So what do you think? should Barao retire? If not, where should he go?

By that logic,every former champion should retire....JDS after his 2nd loss to cain,Franklin after the 2nd loss to Anderson,Cormier when he will lose against Jones,Hughes after his 2nd loss to GSP etc. etc.....

Not sure about retiring. I always hate to make that assumption as a fan...

What I will say is that he should return to his weight-class and give it a go first.

Everyone who isn't on a winning streak or a champion should retire.

Why? He still beats a ton of guys at Bantam and Featherweight

By that logic,every former champion should retire....JDS after his 2nd loss to cain,Franklin after the 2nd loss to Anderson,Cormier when he will lose against Jones,Hughes after his 2nd loss to GSP etc. etc.....

I understand but he went from being an unstoppable force to being a punching bag really quickly and he has absorbed a lot of damage recently, he has also been in 35+ fights already despite the fact that he is 29... With Cruz back, he will probably never fight for the bantamweight title again unless he can string several impressive wins back against guys who look younger and faster, and we saw last night that he isn't a top featherweight

I think he should fight again, but he needs to have time to put on weight, because last night you could see how slim he was compared to Stephens. its gonna take time to put on the weight properly.

it is concerning how many head shots he takes though, he got nearly beaten to death twice by Tj, and last night he was out on his feet in the 2nd, its not good long term.

Barao vs. Mendes next please, both coming off 2 losses.

Renan Barao is finished, anyone who honestly thought he'd win at 145lbs is an idiot.

If you're getting brutally knocked out at a weight division, you don't go up a division to face bigger men who hit even harder. Not like Barao is even lightening quick at 135. He is slick and smooth on the ground, but it's more so his timing which made him appear like 135 version of Anderson Silva.

Fuming at his performance, because he threw the fight away by trying to Johny Hendricks the fight.

Since when does Barao wrestle!?????!???!???

Fuck that guy.

Lol no. Maybe change up his training maybe with a fresh start at a new camp.

Roses are red
It is memorial day
I live in New York
Its raining and
the clouds are gray.
In other news ,its apparent
to me that the T.S
is off his meds today.

He just got 50k bonus. Maybe he can make few more exciting fights and earn some money.

No, he just needs to reevaluate somethings. He definitely needs to improve his cardio.

Back