jon jones has gained fans and support after his incidents with the law.

shortlefthook

305 where I reside
@Black
Reaction score
Because its pretty evident to me that the guy was getting booed, the first fight with dc, he kept trying to throw gifts out to the people in the crowd to win some fans over.
When did the naritive change?
Because it seems to me after his hit and run incident the guy now gets praise from casual fans and those same casuals are the ones hating on dc, if you look at jons instagram comments from years back when there was no contreversy surrounding him, it was filled with hatefull comments (not saying thats a good thing)
But litterally that long break from instagram jon took while he was still under sentencing, you can see way more comments and they're all supportfull... I mean what kind of fucked up world do we live in?
Theres nothing wrong with being a jones fan, but why the hell has he captured a bandwagon of casuals after doing imo a cowardly crime, thats proven to take lives?
I dont understand.

Cliffs
-jon was booed and people wanted him to lose when there was no controversy surrounding him
-gains a massive amount of fans from doing a cowardly crime.
-why is the world we live in so ass hat backwards?

Cliffs:

You need to learn how to spell/format

Fans typically show up to events and not haters

This forum is mostly haters

Jon-Jones-UFC-178-Media-Day-LA-2.jpg

Thug Life etc.

Personally, he doesn't try as hard to paint a perfect picture of himself anymore, bc he really can't.

Now that he seems a little more real, I don't mind him as much.

Dude is human.

I did have to chuckle at fans booing Cormier, a guy who teaches youth wrestling in his spare time, and cheering on Bones, a career criminal, at the conference.

A sign of the times, I suppose.

Cliffs:

You need to learn how to spell/format

Fans typically show up to events and not haters

This forum is mostly haters
Its an mma forum kid not a essay, im not going to format on my phone, if spelling mattered on this forum you wouldn't have a retarded name thats not even english.

I'm a big believer in second chances (sometimes more) and for that reason I hope JBJ is supported in his comeback.

Who remembers when Jon was talking about ratting out weed smokers to the press while he was actually doing not only that, but cocaine and who knows what else off camera??

lmaaaoooo times have changed, fucking jon motherfucking jones!! nobody is more unintentionally funny in mma. for real.....

"i hespect his balls"

Last edited:
Jon Jones doesn't sell many PPVs on his own, I wouldn't say he has that many REAL fans.

People are interested in the DC rivalry, but they just cheer Jon because he plays the crowd better, DC is truly awful at it.

Its an mma forum kid not a essay, im not going to format on my phone, if spelling mattered on this forum you wouldn't have a retarded name thats not even english.
I have no comment on your remark about poster's name, but I do support your argument that what's most important in the forums is the readers ability to understand your post. :)

It's true, he will become the next Rob Ford !
(former Toronto mayor, got caught doing crack)

Don't know if it's a good thing to have those kind of "fan"

Personally, he doesn't try as hard to paint a perfect picture of himself anymore, bc he really can't.

Now that he seems a little more real, I don't mind him as much.

Dude is human.

Partly this, and partly that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I still support DC and will root for him. I still do not like Jones.

However before all this I would have ranked him top 2 among my most hated, and now I don't know where he would place... maybe 6th or so? He is more real and less in my face.

Partly this, and partly that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I still support DC and will root for him. I still do not like Jones.

However before all this I would have ranked him top 2 among my most hated, and now I don't know where he would place... maybe 6th or so? He is more real and less in my face.
Same. Still wouldn't say I am a fan, just do not mind him as much.

Pregnant women's lives don't matter, TS. :rolleyes:

The man is dangerous behind the wheel, and likely incorrigible. I'm not fully convinced he has gained more fans, but I could be wrong.

image.gif

I also believe a huge part of the cheers come from the fans Conor brought in. Only time they ever boo Jones is when Conor's name is pulled into the conversation. Whether he agrees with Conor's stance on something or not, they boo him for him answering a question about Conor as if Jones isn't worthy of doing so.

Back