Nate Quarry got paid 8,000 for a title fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvertedCross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heard him say that on Chaels podcast people are always complaining about fighter pay tell Nate Quarry about fighter pay he would have loved to got paid what these guys do today

And Rich knocked him cold too.

Quarry-Franklinko.gif~c200

While fighter pay isn't great today and should be a lot better, it is vastly improved from the early Zuffa days. Current minimum contract is $10k/$10k I believe. It started as $2k/$2k.

It's nowhere near good enough now, but pay has been steadily heading in the right direction.

I wonder if Nate gets a cut everytime the UFC uses that fight clip during Teenage Wasteland.

That is just a damn shame. Seriously, Shame on you Zuffa & DFW

Could be worse, Bellator is still only paying some fighters $1000.

Heard him say that on Chaels podcast people are always complaining about fighter pay tell Nate Quarry about fighter pay he would have loved to got paid what these guys do today
According to the NAC he got paid 10k to fight Rich (10/10), but Rich was only getting 13/13 himself as the champion....

Fucking sucks... But I guess you have to think about it this way...they had less money back then than they do now. They don't have much excuse today but back then maybe.

MMA is a stupid job! lol! :D

Luckily he had sponsors.

He signed the contract, hate to say but man why are ppl on this forum so obsessed what others peoples pay is?!?!? Do you think Nate Quarry gives a fuck what I make? Is he going to bitch to the state because we are doing budget cuts meaning I will not get a raise this year?!?! Doubt it!

I'm not saying he's wrong to be upset, but he's very annoying. Very. He's also pushy and whining all the time; even I'm more pleasant.

Also, this was NOV '05, which is 7 months after TUF 1's finale. Nate had only been with the company for 7 months (and 2 fights), and I know the Fertitta brothers were 44 million deep before TUF 1 helped gradually turn things around. So, things were different back then. Fighter pay sucked back then, but it wasn't an issue like it is today.

He was given 8k... and the opportunity of a lifetime. Things didn't work out well for him, and now it seems like he holds a lot of grudges.

Last edited:
Heard him say that on Chaels podcast people are always complaining about fighter pay tell Nate Quarry about fighter pay he would have loved to got paid what these guys do today[/QUOTE
Quarry has a lot to complain about. It almost seems like he focuses more on complaining about the past than striving into the future. Unimpressed by all the complaints. Quarry is the new CM Punk as far as whining and refusing to accept any accountability goes.

I'm not saying he's wrong to be upset, but he's very annoying. Very. He's also pushy and whining all the time; even I'm more pleasant to be around.

Also, this was NOV '05. He was given 8k... and also the opportunity of a lifetime. Things didn't work out well for him, and now it seems like he holds a lot of grudges.

Actually seems like a nice dude doesn't beat around the bush I suggest listening to that interview he tells some interesting stories about team quest

I'm not saying he's wrong to be upset, but he's very annoying. Very. He's also pushy and whining all the time; even I'm more pleasant to be around.

Also, this was NOV '05. He was given 8k... and also the opportunity of a lifetime. Things didn't work out well for him, and now it seems like he holds a lot of grudges.
Exactly. Quarry sounds like CM Punk after he left the WWE with all this complaining. Comes across as entitled and bitter.

While fighter pay isn't great today and should be a lot better, it is vastly improved from the early Zuffa days. Current minimum contract is $10k/$10k I believe. It started as $2k/$2k.

It's nowhere near good enough now, but pay has been steadily heading in the right direction.
Numbers don't lie

Actually seems like a nice dude doesn't beat around the bush I suggest listening to that interview he tells some interesting stories about team quest
I heard it. Good interview. But it was just another dose of whining, altogether. I never thought highly of Lindland, but I have a different kind of disliking for Nate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back