Something no one has noticed about Conor McGregor and UFC 200

Coughman

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit, I think Conor McGregor got a little too big for his britches before his much anticipated rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 200. So in his head he's thinking this: I am desirable and because of me the company is seeing record breaking profits like they've never seen before. Why am I not being payed my fair share? So he contacts the UFC to renegotiate his pay for the event and the UFC uncharacteristically shuts him down.

Now, anyone who has ever been to Mexico knows that the best way to negotiate with street sellers is too walk away until they lower the price, this is called haggling. Conor McGregor knew his worth and simply wasn't willing to work for less than his worth like any self respecting man. He tweeted his famous retirement tweet and the rest is history.

In the larger scope of things, Conor McGregor sticking up for himself is Conor McGregor sticking ups for the rest of the UFC fighters, who let the UFC run roughshod over their finances. Not only do they pay them less than they are due, they also bar sponsorship which should be illegal. The UFC needs a hero like Conor McGregor that will bring them to their knees.

I'll be the first to admit, I think Conor McGregor got a little too big for his britches before his much anticipated rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 200. So in his head he's thinking this: I am desirable and because of me the company is seeing record breaking profits like they've never seen before. Why am I not being payed my fair share? So he contacts the UFC to renegotiate his pay for the event and the UFC uncharacteristically shuts him down.

Now, anyone who has ever been to Mexico knows that the best way to negotiate with street sellers is too walk away until they lower the price, this is called haggling. Conor McGregor knew his worth and simply wasn't willing to work for less than his worth like any self respecting man. He tweeted his famous retirement tweet and the rest is history.

In the larger scope of things, Conor McGregor sticking up for himself is Conor McGregor sticking ups for the rest of the UFC fighters, who let the UFC run roughshod over their finances. Not only do they pay them less than they are due, they also bar sponsorship which should be illegal. The UFC needs a hero like Conor McGregor that will bring them to their knees.

No one has noticed that? I have seen that same crap posted AT LEAST 100 times on here.....

No one has noticed that? I have seen that same crap posted AT LEAST 100 times on here.....
I haven't seen a single thread address that Conor is fighter for better pay for ALL UFC fighters

I haven't seen a single thread address that Conor is fighter for better pay for ALL UFC fighters

That's because it's not true. He could give a rats ass what anyone else makes.

Actually Conor did the exact opposite. He re-negotiated his deal for guaranteed money, then decided he didn't have to do the media promotions he signed for also thinking he could get out on it. Now no fighter ever will get a guaranteed money deal because the brothers will be afraid the same exact thing will happen. Lmao @ you idiots thinking he has helped any fighter at all.

White belts and there "NO ONE HAS NOTICED THIS"

rule of thumb. If you think no has noticed your 99% of the time wrong.

Not many things in this life are certain.

But I can say pretty confidently that
McGregor making business decisions
for the betterment of his constituents
has never been his priority or intent.

He strikes me as a guy who looks out
for his own... Not knocking the guy...
but to pretend like he's some philanthropist
or he somehow takes risks with his
finances for the sake of others is silly.

If this were someone else, more
compassionate, less incentivized
& more intelligent with unionizing...
then sure. But McGregor was likely
just trying to get more juice from the
squeeze cause he saw what a huge
test laid before him & the damage it
may cause to him & his brand.

Fools just tryna make money. Like
all ivory clad capitalists

A lot of what you're typing is based on assumptions. I'd say the biggest assumption is that "Conor knows what he's worth". Does he? You're assuming that he actually has knowledge of the business side of promoting a fight and what the UFC's revenues and expenses are. We don't really know that he does. In fact, I'd say that his constant talk about breaking records that he did not (like his tweet today saying that he beat the UFC 100 PPV sales) would argue that he actually has no idea about the UFC's revenues and expenses.

On top of this, assuming that he knows what he's worth assumes that he knows what the UFC brings to the equation and can separate what he adds to the sum of the revenues received from a fight.

I'm going to put it out there that I don't think he has any idea what he's worth and he just thinks that he should be able to keep increasing his price tag. At some point the UFC was going to say no because they are the ones with accountants who actually know all of these numbers. They said no. So you can argue that it's because the UFC is trying to hold fighters down, but its just as likely that they're well aware of where their costs need to be for them to earn their desired profit. It's weird to talk about Conor knowing anything when the UFC is well known for shrouding their financial performance in a thick haze.

Actually Conor did the exact opposite. He re-negotiated his deal for guaranteed money, then decided he didn't have to do the media promotions he signed for also thinking he could get out on it. Now no fighter ever will get a guaranteed money deal because the brothers will be afraid the same exact thing will happen. Lmao @ you idiots thinking he has helped any fighter at all.
He is helping all fighter by negotiating for more money when he deserves it. Like he is not paid to promote, but he still has extra promotion to do that is not in his contract. It's not fair for Conor McGregor or all other UFC fighters

Back