So when did Nate Diaz lose his motivation in the sport?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Any other Diaz fan that are a bit sad that Nate ONLY wants Mcgregor? No Lawler no nothing.

Everyone talks about how it sucks that Mcgregor is off the card, but i enjoy Nate's fighting style more!

Out of selfish reasons, i just wanna see the guy fight. Sucks that Nate is off 200. We probably wont even see him fight again.

Last edited:
Somewhere around when he got that new custom made bong

He finally found his Money Fight

It's super romantic. No other fighter will do.

According to the Diaz Bros they hate fighting... They just do it for the $$$

Nate only wants another big payday or two and then probably open his own gym and retire.

He doesn't wanna fight Lawler because that's a huge fight for Nick.

lose his motivation? are you retarded?

lose his motivation? are you retarded?
Yes a little bit.

Nate admitted it himself. He's not motivated to become a champion or fight the best and stuff like that. Just money. Understandable, but the fan in me miss the old nate (and nick)

Be careful when you throw around the word "retarded". In this case, you clearly don't know shit.

It would be so ridiculous if either Diaz gets to slide in a title shot before wonderboy, condit, RoryMac or even woodley. I think all 5 these guys (including Robbie) would beat both Diaz' at this point. Nate should stick to LW and work his way back to the top5 and Nick needs to work his way up as well.

All I can say is weed is bad for human being...

Any other Diaz fan that are a bit sad that Nate ONLY wants Mcgregor? No Lawler no nothing.

Everyone talks about how it sucks that Mcgregor is off the card, but i enjoy Nate's fighting style more!

Out of selfish reasons, i just wanna see the guy fight. Sucks that Nate is off 200. We probably wont even see him fight again.
He gets paid way more if he fights conor.red panty night.

Lemme splain something to you.

Nate can go fight some top LW or WW contender for maybe 100k if he's lucky, and very possibly lose, and then not get his rematch with McGregor. Or he can try and wait for Conor and make 2+ million.

What sounds like the better idea to you?

He and his brother has said numerous times they are in it for the money. He even called going for the championship ''a fairytale'', so there is a pretty big chance they are talking the truth. If you already had the red panty night up for grabs, why risk it and fight somebody that might potentially beat you and then lose the chance to a big fight? Especially if you didn't want to fight anyway.

Diaz didn't lose his motivation, he's fighting the very best that he can. He simply isn't going to be champ at 155 because his talent isn't enough. He's a good fighter, far better than any gatekeeper, he's just not going to win the belt. Now his goal is to make sure he gets payed good money for taking shots in the head. He doesn't want to play the stupid Dana game and get paid peanuts to raise the profiles of up & comers. Look at the push and leeway given to Conor. Dana was on Conor's nuts even before his fortunate win against Aldo. Nate sees the hypocrisy and simply wants a decent payday for always putting up good fights.

A manager should guide nate toward whats best for nate. Its best for nate to wait for ufc 202 or 203 and rematch conor.....more money, more exposure and a good chance of victory.

Even if nate loses....it sets up a lucrative trilogy fight.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When was the last hugely marketed trilogy fight in the UFC.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nate could clear 6 or 7 million before this is all over if he plays his cards right and waits for conor.....$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm guessing since he got paid a mil.

He probably was losing some motivation but now he found himself a goose that lays golden eggs (Conor). He slapped the goose around a few times last time until it panic wrestled and got payed well. So now I think he is actually a bit more motivated but only in fighting Conor because he was able to beat him with no camp and he pays the best. I think this made Nate more motivated and confident now and is holding out for the goose laying the golden eggs. Conor probably sensed this and might have felt that by UFC 200 he would not be properly prepared or ever be for Nate and therefore he went on his little "retirement" while it brushes away. I think.

Last edited:
According to the Diaz Bros they hate fighting... They just do it for the $$$

Nate only wants another big payday or two and then probably open his own gym and retire.
exactly and they lead simple lives. No Rolls in the driveway. No 10 million dollar houses. Just middle class basically and compete in triathlons for fun with their $50,000 bikes. They've already made millions which is enough to sustain them so in no hurry to take anything but bigger money fights.

And lets be real here. After another wrestler beats Nate he loses stock again. It's worth waiting for Conor and the millions. Thats like 5 years of fighting normally.

Back