Dana Dana Dana, is he just easy to hate?

Ryan McGizzle

Boxing isn't dead, it's just hibernating
@Blue
Reaction score
Dana is fighting with Conor.
Dana wants more money.
Dana doesn't pay fighters enough.

Where is the hate for Lorenzo? Last I checked, he owned a lot more of the company than Dana and makes a lot more than Dana.

Is Dana just easier to hate? Do people think he's really in charge of everything? Do you just hate bald people?

Dana is the king of all trolls. He shits all over the trolls in Sherdog.
The Don King of MMA, and there's plenty of Sherdoggers that defend him because they like his abs, and his bidness sense. LOL

white-king.jpg

Run shit and let your puppet draw all the aggro. 10/10 business practise straight out of Stern school of business.

Lorenzo is just as bad as Dana, Dana's just the face of the company he does all the talking, for years Lorenzo was the 'better half' but now we all know he's just like Dana, scum.

And yes it's easy to hate the guy who throws temper tantrums and whines like a baby and blamed his best fighter for cancelling an event he built and an event he ultimately pulled the plug on.

It's like Hitler too. Say waht you want about Adolf, but he had droves of military and medical personnel that were all as twisted and sick as him, but all you hear is Hitler Hitler Hitler.

Dana is fighting with Conor.
Dana wants more money.
Dana doesn't pay fighters enough.

Where is the hate for Lorenzo? Last I checked, he owned a lot more of the company than Dana and makes a lot more than Dana.

Is Dana just easier to hate? Do people think he's really in charge of everything? Do you just hate bald people?

As someone who has a DW like position in a company with a LF like boss, I'm pretty certain his role is the enforcer helping Lorenzo keep his hands clean.

I love "pissed off Dana". I was laughing through his UFC 151 and Steve Mazzagatti meltdown.

Dana does his job, and then we discuss the specifics of said job. All there is to it.

I don't care if he is an asshole or not - I just don't like the way he is the face of the company but you cannot believe a single word he says, ever.

There is a difference between promoting and being a pathological liar.

Dana will get blasted for everything he does. It's the nature of Sherdog.

Was the ranking comment dumb? Yes, but he also said this:

"I'm honestly happy for Benson," and "I'm not angry. Who knows -- this could be the last contract he ever signs. He got the right deal for him. He's a great guy, and we wish him all the best."

It's just funny when I read about how Dana doesn't pay fighters enough or pays people like Sage too much.

What is Lorenzo just sitting there and nodding to Dana? No way.

Silva makes the fights, Lorenzo and UAE cash the checks, and Dana acts like he runs everything and makes all the money.

When Dana finally leaves/retires, I wonder who is the next guy to hate. Hughes? Chuck?

(As an aside, I really don't have an opinion of Dana, although he does act like a child sometimes/a lot of the time)

Dana is there to draw the ire of all the whiny teenagers online.

'Dana wants more money.'
Apparently he's the only person to feel this way.

'Dana doesn't pay fighters enough.'
Funny how all of them agreed to the amount they're complaining about.

'Where is the hate for Lorenzo?'
There isn't any because the majority of Dana hate is ad hominem.

'Last I checked, he owned a lot more of the company than Dana and makes a lot more than Dana.'
So the amount of money should dictate the level of misguided hatred?

'Is Dana just easier to hate?'
Ok, you got me on that one.

'Last I checked, he owned a lot more of the company than Dana and makes a lot more than Dana.'
So the amount of money should dictate the level of misguided hatred?

'Is Dana just easier to hate?'
Ok, you got me on that one.

My point is, Dana is the figurehead of the organization when most of the people here act like he's the owner, president, and sole decision maker.

My point is, Dana is the figurehead of the organization when most of the people here act like he's the owner, president, and sole decision maker.
Gotcha. I agree 100%. He's not the big fish, just the most telegenic.

Dana will get blasted for everything he does. It's the nature of Sherdog.

Was the ranking comment dumb? Yes, but he also said this:

"I'm honestly happy for Benson," and "I'm not angry. Who knows -- this could be the last contract he ever signs. He got the right deal for him. He's a great guy, and we wish him all the best."
Dana also said this about Benson

"He's a former world champion who's ranked No. 15 now. We're looking for top-5 guys, guys that are going from 15 to 1, not the other way around."

Which is pretty much Dana's problem in a nutshell. He just can't ever keep it classy, even when he is trying. And he actually came about as close as i have seen him, so why even add the dig?

And let's face it, he is normally way worse. If he just knocked off bashing fighters in the press for one reason or the other or betraying confidences he'd be fine but he is always in his own ego contest when he talks to the media.

Back