Crime 3 Missing Surfers Found Dead In Mexico

Headed to Mexico City in two weeks lol
check out ruta dela garnancha and no manches que Rico on YouTube Lalo covers food from all over Mexico city and ends episodes with address for places

That sounds more like 2005. Cartels are operating in and around the resorts now, which never used to be a thing. A person can still vacation there, buts at a higher risk now.

Had been going to Mexico every year for a decade for work up till recently. Last year I saw a body the cartel had dumped in front of the huge resort I worked out of. Our driver was like “that’s new”

Had been going to Mexico every year for a decade for work up till recently. Last year I saw a body the cartel had dumped in front of the huge resort I worked out of. Our driver was like “that’s new”

don't they commonly hang people off of bridges over there as well? i remember watching some kind of docu series stuff on the cartels and some of them are ruthless and don't seem to mind putting their kills on full public display and shit.

i think it was the los zetas but i could be wrong but one of those groups was super savage. they'd decapitate their rivals and send their heads to their family members or put them on display and hang them off highway bridges and all kinds of nasty shit. they'd even slash peoples throats open and somehow pull their tongues through them and shit. mutilation and torture was their thing.

it might have been one of the newer cartels doing that too. maybe something with the word jalisco in it? or something like that anyways. there was a 3 or 4 letter acronym for that cartel. i really don't care to want to look it up at the moment but i remember seeing some pretty gruesome shit and those dudes are pretty much as savage as they come. definately wouldn't want to be on their bad side and end up crossing paths with them.

Last edited:
Imagine going to Mexico for any reason.

Shitty decisions, shitty results.

Imagine going to Mexico for any reason.

Shitty decisions, shitty results.

I've been to Playa Del Carmen 8 times and have always had an incredible time. But there certainly can be trouble if you're looking for it. Leaving the resort to go to the center of town, we always travel in groups with pre-arranged shuttle bus. We don't start shit, we don't look for drugs, etc. Mexico definitely can be a relaxing place to go. Just do your research and be smart and you should be fine.

Mexico is pretty dope tbh. Your odds of getting killed there are prob the same as getting killed on the metro or subway in a US city. Everything is cheap af and the people are generally pretty nice. You have to be a little more cautious there and not at like a stereotypical loud/dumbass American tourist. I wouldn’t want to live there but it’s cool to visit. Ive been a dozen times or so. Will prob hit Rosarito sometime this summer.

I've been to Playa Del Carmen 8 times and have always had an incredible time. But there certainly can be trouble if you're looking for it. Leaving the resort to go to the center of town, we always travel in groups with pre-arranged shuttle bus. We don't start shit, we don't look for drugs, etc. Mexico definitely can be a relaxing place to go. Just do your research and be smart and you should be fine.
While there are other equally unique and safe locales, i’ll probably choose the one least likely to result in being filleted by a chainsaw!

Get to a place with grilled octopus. Phenomenal there.

check out ruta dela garnancha and no manches que Rico on YouTube Lalo covers food from all over Mexico city and ends episodes with address for places
Sweet thanks guys. Will do. Was going to start a thread in the berry closer to when I go asking about things to do. I'm gonna be there a week and my only plans so far are the Anthropology museum and Teotihuacan

‘High degree of probability’ bodies found in northern Mexico are missing Perth brothers​

Siblings Callum and Jake Robinson and US citizen Jack Carter Rhoad were travelling on a surfing holiday when they were reported missing

Three people have been arrested on charges of kidnapping after three bodies were found in an area of northern Mexico where two Australian brothers and an American friend went missing.
899acd2086b5cf5dcd4a6df36a014eba

Perth siblings Callum and Jake Robinson, both in their 30s, were travelling in the region on a surfing holiday, with their friend Jack Carter Rhoad, a US citizen. The trio was reported missing when they failed to check into pre-arranged accommodation near the city of Ensenada last weekend.

The three bodies are highly likely to be the American and two Australian tourists, a senior official from Mexico’s Baja California state said on Saturday.

“All three bodies meet the characteristics to assume with a high degree of probability that they are the American Carter Rhoad as well as the Robinson brothers from Australia,” said the state’s attorney general, Maria Elena Andrade.

Mexican authorities’ preliminary hypothesis was that the arrested individuals attempted to carjack the foreigners and when the surfers resisted they were shot and their bodies dumped in a well, Andrade said.

Late Friday Mexico time, the state attorney general’s office confirmed at least three bodies had been found in a remote and “difficult to access” area in the Ensenada region of the Baja California peninsula. The bodies have not yet been formally identified.

9a50c15f279fa039d1360e1829f9f8d1

News outlet Zeta reported the bodies were found in the well, in steep and rugged ground on ranch land at Santo Tomás on the Pacific coast. It also reported a fourth body, likely to have been there longer, was recovered from the same place.

A burnt-out ute, matching the description of the one the three men were driving, was found earlier nearby, sparking an intense search of the area.

The Robinson brothers’ last contact with their family was last Saturday. The surfers had planned to camp near the beach last weekend, then stay at an Airbnb in Rosarito, according to social media posts by friends and family. But they never checked into their accommodation, and Callum Robinson failed to show for work in San Diego last week.

Friends and family appealed on social media for any information on their whereabouts, saying it was “out of character” for them not to be in contact.

On Friday, the Australian brothers’ parents, Debra and Martin Robinson, said they were “heading to the US/Mexico to be as close as possible to the area where they were last seen”.

“Callum and Jake are beautiful human beings,” they said in a statement to media.

“We love them so much and this breaks our heart. Our only comfort right now is that they were together doing something they passionately loved.”

Andrade had earlier said the chances of finding the men had diminished as a result of delays to the investigation.

“Unfortunately, a notice of their disappearance was only filed in the last few days, so very important hours were lost there,” she told a press conference on Friday.

The three Mexican nationals who were arrested comprised a woman and two men.

The woman was arrested in the town of Maneadero, about 8km south of Ensenada city on Mexico’s Pacific coast. She was allegedly carrying a grey iPhone with a picture of a man matching the description of one of the missing men, as well as a small quantity of drugs.

On Friday, Baja California prosecutors said the three had been arrested on charges of a crime equivalent to kidnapping. It was unclear if they might face more charges.

Investigators have found abandoned tents believed to have belonged to the missing men near where they were last seen. Andrade said at the same site “other evidence was found that could be linked to these three people we have under investigation”.

Antonio Otañez, president of the Baja California Surf Association, told the Guardian the news of the men’s disappearance was “painful for the surfer community”.

“Everyone is in shock. We can’t believe it.”

He said the Baja California peninsula surfing community would hold a rally on Sunday, “to show solidarity with our Australian and American friends, and to demand security for the surfer community in the whole state”.

“Some friends told me they met [the missing surfers] here in the 38 and in San Miguel. They told me they were really great guys, friendly.”

Otañez said the area was not especially dangerous for surfers.

“You think Tijuana and you think cartel, mafia. But we who live here don’t see such risk. Of course, there’s crime. And you hear about deaths, but these are usually between the drug trafficking groups. But against civilians? Situations like this are very rare here. And still more with foreigners.”

But Otañez said the road to Punta San Jose was isolated.

“You have to drive for about an hour on a dirt track. And there’s no signal, no electricity, nothing. I’ve been various times and it’s a beautiful place with perfect waves. I have no idea what happened. But it’s very easy to get lost there. It’s a dirt track in the middle of nowhere.”

The governor of Baja California, Marina Del Pilar, earlier said authorities were determined to resolve the case.

“We will not rest until we find the location of Jack Carter [Rhoad], Jake and Callum Robinson, a task in which we will spare no time, resources, or efforts. We will take the necessary measures to resolve this case, as we will not allow Baja California to see its peace disturbed, nor will we allow the tranquillity of those who visit us to be disrupted.”

A spokesperson from Australia’s department of foreign affairs and trade told the Guardian “the Australian embassy in Mexico City is working closely with the Australian federal police and local authorities regarding the two Australians reported missing in Mexico”.

“The department … recognises this is a very distressing time for the family and is in regular contact with them to provide support.”

The department has urged people to exercise a high degree of caution when travelling to Baja California “due to the threat of violent crime”.

Drug cartels are known to operate in the region and the state’s chief prosecutor said “all lines of investigation” remained open.

The US state department said it was aware of a US citizen missing in the Baja California region of Mexico and stood “ready to provide all appropriate assistance”.

“The US Department of State and our embassies and consulates abroad have no higher priority than the safety and security of US citizens overseas.”

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...hern-mexico-where-perth-brothers-went-missing

Back