News 3 fights announced for UFC 300

These are three of more than likely 13-15 fights. They're all good ones as well. I don't understand the complaints in here.

We're in "Festival line up" announcement territory lol

The first 10 bands never satisfy everyone, but as the line up fleshes out, it gets more and more promising.

Difference is, festival line ups usually start top down, whereas we're getting a couple of wonky fights first for some reason.

Even if these were booked, I'd have waited before announcing them.

They're just not that good lol

A win over Brundage is a net negative.

Premature hype can have this effect, though.

If everyone is talking about Nickal taking huge fights right away, then we're still getting Brundage after 4 fights in the UFC/DWCS, it suggests he's not actually very good.

Don't forget, people are still looking for a Brock Lesnar-type figure who can fight for the title right away.

If Bo Nickal isn't a Brock Lesnar-type, don't sell him as one, it will only serve as a millstone around his neck.
He’s a prospect, he’s still green so they don’t want to throw him to the wolves yet. He might be able to beat the entire top 10 right now but it’s best to let him gain experience and develop his skillset

I feel like a lot of newer fans are expecting Fedor vs Brock type matchups for 300, is gonna be a lot of high ranked guys and Conor or 2 titles as main.

It's interesting how these numbers hype themselves.

If I remember right.. When UFC 100 started coming into view, and the fans were getting the hyped, discussing possibilities, Dana and the UFC didn't have any plans to make it special originally. It wasn't a circled date.

But they jumped on the momentum and stacked the card.

Chill guys, the fights are confirmed, but card placement hasn't been.

But really it has. No chance Aljo or Jiri, single losses removed from being champs, are brought in to just be buried on the earlier prelims.

Basically in a stacked card you would expect the 5 PPV spots plus the TV prelim 'main event' to be big fights.

We now know what 2 of those 6 fights are, and they have been met with the appropriate 'meh'.

We're in "Festival line up" announcement territory lol

The first 10 bands never satisfy everyone, but as the line up fleshes out, it gets more and more promising.

Difference is, festival line ups usually start top down, whereas we're getting a couple of wonky fights first for some reason.

Even if these were booked, I'd have waited before announcing them.

They're just not that good lol

No one is happy with anything.

Was expecting a bigger fight for Bo considering it is UFC 300.

But really it has. No chance Aljo or Jiri, single losses removed from being champs, are brought in to just be buried on the earlier prelims.

Basically in a stacked card you would expect the 5 PPV spots plus the TV prelim 'main event' to be big fights.

We now know what 2 of those 6 fights are, and they have been met with the appropriate 'meh'.
Do you not remember UFC 200?

He’s a prospect, he’s still green so they don’t want to throw him to the wolves yet. He might be able to beat the entire top 10 right now but it’s best to let him gain experience and develop his skillset

What I'm saying is, the hype and reality becomes jarring when he's still fighting Cody Brundage in his 6th fight lol

This is Bellator booking.

I agree that they should develop and let him gain experience, but they've already pumped him full of steroid-level-hype so it's kinda the late stages for that, everyone is expecting some bang for their buck.

Cody Brundage is terrible, and a risk-averse booking.

Bo is still a top quality wrestler, even if he's weak in a few areas. Give him someone like Abu Azaitar, someone who looks dangerous on paper but who would be generally useless against a wrestler.

I really like that fight.

and I'm getting tired of saying this about top 5 ranked fighters... but I'm concerned about both guy\s milage.

Very early days, but that's a sleeper.

Potential Fight of the Night.

Can see some real chaos in that one, especially if they are both a little battle-worn!

Bo Nickal should have fought for a smaller org for a couple years if he wanted to crush cans. I kind of hope he gets KO'd now.

Back