***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

I got that guy on ignore. You won't get valuable info from him. But yo them Hornets were good. PEJA STICK A BITCH!
I hated that Hornets team. They were always a thorn in the side of the Mavs with CP, West and Chandler dominating.

I hated that Hornets team. They were always a thorn in the side of the Mavs with CP, West and Chandler dominating.
CP was truly in his prime on that team until he got that little injury and he was never exactly the same. I like both the Hornets (Pelicans) and Mavs. Half my family lives in Dallas and I live in LA.

1 chip and 1 MVP playing in a highly inflated era. Don't worry, there's no reason for me to bother "arguing."

Let's be honest though:

Tell everyone hold you were in 2000. Don't be shy. ;)

He deserved MVP more than once. Players kept voting for Bill Russell who was nowhere near the best player. In any case Oscar finished top 5 in MVP voting 9 times and top 3 5 times. Curry finished top 3 in MVP voting 3 times and top 5 4 times. Yes he WON twice instead of once. Clap clap clap. KD only won 1 MVP too and hes better than Curry.

The 60s Celtics were too stacked to hold against anyone in the East. Wilts Sixers had 3 one seeds got past the Celtics once. Between 1957 and 1968 no one else had the 1 seed. Robertson made the ECF twice. In the West he made the WCF 3 times with the only loss coming to the 72 Lakers. The greatest Lakers team ever. Almost took that to 7. In 71 and 74 they beat the Lakers in 5. Yes Oscar won with stacked teams but I feel "I recruited KD" Curry ain't one to talk in that deparment.

Oscar got to game 7 against the Celtics in one of those ECFs and Sam Jones(who has 10 rings yet most NBA experts don't even know who he is) dropped 47 and the Celtics scored 142. No overtime. Thats 35 fing points a quarter.

The last bit is borderline creepy tbh.

He deserved MVP more than once. Players kept voting for Bill Russell who was nowhere near the best player. In any case Oscar finished top 5 in MVP voting 9 times and top 3 5 times. Curry finished top 3 in MVP voting 3 times and top 5 4 times. Yes he WON twice instead of once. Clap clap clap. KD only won 1 MVP too and hes better than Curry.

The 60s Celtics were too stacked to hold against anyone in the East. Wilts Sixers had 3 one seeds got past the Celtics once. Between 1957 and 1968 no one else had the 1 seed. Robertson made the ECF twice. In the West he made the WCF 3 times with the only loss coming to the 72 Lakers. The greatest Lakers team ever. Almost took that to 7. In 71 and 74 they beat the Lakers in 5. Yes Oscar won with stacked teams but I feel "I recruited KD" Curry ain't one to talk in that deparment.

Oscar got to game 7 against the Celtics in one of those ECFs and Sam Jones(who has 10 rings yet most NBA experts don't even know who he is) dropped 47 and the Celtics scored 142. No overtime. Thats 35 fing points a quarter.

The last bit is borderline creepy tbh.

That's a lot of should have, could have, would have. Wilt averaged 38 points and 27 rebounds in Oscar's rookie year and he'd probably average that again in today's league lol. What matters is whether you get it done or not. Oh and by KD's own admission, Curry is the better player. However, you were trying to claim Oscar is the GOAT, not just better than Curry. It's an argument whether he was even the best player of that era.

The last bit is because you claimed "if you were around back then." You were four years old. Your ability to reason hasn't progressed much since then as you're now a communist in your late 20s living in your parents' basement. Now that's creepy.

You can preety much pencil Boston into the NBA finals ny nor Indiana can fuck w/them

That's a lot of should have, could have, would have. Wilt averaged 38 points and 27 rebounds in Oscar's rookie year and he'd probably average that again in today's league lol. What matters is whether you get it done or not. Oh and by KD's own admission, Curry is the better player. However, you were trying to claim Oscar is the GOAT, not just better than Curry. It's an argument whether he was even the best player of that era.

The last bit is because you claimed "if you were around back then." You were four years old. Your ability to reason hasn't progressed much since then as you're now a communist in your late 20s living in your parents' basement. Now that's creepy.

Well theres the GOAT GOAT and the GOAT PG. I think hes both but arguing Oscars the GOAT PG is a much easier argument. And in that case bringing up Curry is very very relevant. In terms of overall GOAT I can make a good case but its always going to devolve into a stalemate. I brought up Oscar because you brought up Curry and because Oscars just so much better. I know a GOAT convo about Oscar Robertson won't go anywhere I'm more trying to prove hes in the argument if anything. The main step in that is proving he was the best to ever play his position.

I didn't claim I was around back then. The whole "I watched them play argument" is so fucking stupid. 100% of everyone who watches everything dies eventually and by that logic history dies when its witnesses do.

I was talking about my experience watching the NBA in like 2007 and you trying to highlight i was a little kid in 2000 with a winky face is a bit weird. You keeping track of peoples ages is weird.

My political ideology(which I'm very proud of fuck you) and living situation is not relevant to a conversation about basketball. You are just bitter you are losing the argument. You aren't stupid theres times I agree with you. But regardless you make arguments about sports way too fucking personal. Even when the person you're arguing with is actually making a stupid point your responses are just so fucking wildly inproportional. You're like going 200% on things most people are going like 60% maybe 80%. This is supposed to be relaxing escapism. This shit is why people are so frustrated with the sports media. People don't want to fight wars over basketball and tennis.

Well theres the GOAT GOAT and the GOAT PG. I think hes both but arguing Oscars the GOAT PG is a much easier argument. And in that case bringing up Curry is very very relevant. In terms of overall GOAT I can make a good case but its always going to devolve into a stalemate. I brought up Oscar because you brought up Curry and because Oscars just so much better. I know a GOAT convo about Oscar Robertson won't go anywhere I'm more trying to prove hes in the argument if anything. The main step in that is proving he was the best to ever play his position.

I didn't claim I was around back then. The whole "I watched them play argument" is so fucking stupid. 100% of everyone who watches everything dies eventually and by that logic history dies when its witnesses do.

I was talking about my experience watching the NBA in like 2007 and you trying to highlight i was a little kid in 2000 with a winky face is a bit weird. You keeping track of peoples ages is weird.

My political ideology(which I'm very proud of fuck you) and living situation is not relevant to a conversation about basketball. You are just bitter you are losing the argument. You aren't stupid theres times I agree with you. But regardless you make arguments about sports way too fucking personal. Even when the person you're arguing with is actually making a stupid point your responses are just so fucking wildly inproportional. You're like going 200% on things most people are going like 60% maybe 80%. This is supposed to be relaxing escapism. This shit is why people are so frustrated with the sports media. People don't want to fight wars over basketball and tennis.
Why the fuck are you writing an essay. O ya you're the same goober that wrote a 5 page thread on why KD is the best ever. Go ahead and logoff Hombre.

Jason Kidd is never winning shit. He's like an upgraded Mike C'antoni who never made the finals.

Well theres the GOAT GOAT and the GOAT PG. I think hes both but arguing Oscars the GOAT PG is a much easier argument. And in that case bringing up Curry is very very relevant. In terms of overall GOAT I can make a good case but its always going to devolve into a stalemate.

I was talking about my experience watching the NBA in like 2007 and you trying to highlight i was a little kid in 2000 with a winky face is a bit weird.

Lol. Settle down, lad. Oscar is neither and your arguments are a train-wreck.

You claimed "if you were around back then." Let me jog your dope memory.

People pretend the 08 Celtics created the "Big 3" but if you were around back then you'll remember damm near half the league had a big 3. And it was fucking dope.

As for the last part, quit your bitching and moaning. No one made it "personal" until you started throwing around "creepy." If you don't want to engage in that type of discussion then don't start it.

You're the GOAT of arguing about things you know nothing about. Now continue to tell us about how much you hate America while you happily consume everything it produces .;)

Lol. Settle down, lad. Oscar is neither and your arguments are a train-wreck.

You claimed "if you were around back then." Let me jog your dope memory.

As for the last part, quit your bitching and moaning. No one made it "personal" until you started throwing around "creepy." If you don't want to engage in that type of discussion then don't start it.

You're the GOAT of arguing about things you know nothing about.

In 2008(which is not 2000 its 2008) I actually was around though. So I don't know wtf you're getting at.

In 2008(which is not 2000 its 2008) I actually was around though. So I don't know wtf you're getting at.

Lol. You really want to try and be this disingenuous?

Sure, I guess I'll just post the entire paragraph.

Of all the modern eras the media actually acknowledges(80s to present) 2000s was the best IMO by a country mile. People pretend the 08 Celtics created the "Big 3" but if you were around back then you'll remember damm near half the league had a big 3. And it was fucking dope.

Good lord, you're a disaster.

DJJ coming up big for the Mavs early. Its crazy the Mavs got him basically for free. Hard defender, super vert, 2.7 million.

Back