***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Team Villanova eliminates that dirty bitch ass Embiid.

I actually thought Embiid was gonna have a year like Jokic did last year where he makes a big play off run and shuts up the nay-sayers. But damn is Embiid's game looking ugly these days. Breaks all the continuity of games with his free throw merchant routine, and then adding in going scrappy/dirty on defense. Then adds in constant flopping and whining. Plus his attitude seems to kind of suck.

Shitting on people for celebrating a W is the dumbest shit

Thought sports were supposed to matter to athletes, then when it does people shit on em for it

This is exactly why money comes first.

That's too much a blanket statement. There are times and places and degrees of how to things. A bonehead like Beverley though can't comprehend that; so of course it was absolutely hilarious when he went completely overboard. Shaq and Charles were hilarious "they're out there kissing babies".

From here I like OKC, Minnesota, Boston, New York.

And Boston over Minnesota in finals. Though a Denver vs Cleveland final would be great for viewership and me.

Not disagreeing, but why u taking Wolves over Nuggets?
Good balanced team. got a lot of bigs who can share fouls on Yoke even if the refs call it which I suspect they won't for the most part. Better sixth man. it will be tough I think since I don't think anyone can take Denver in a cake walk. I think if Denver makes the finals and lose to Boston could be the first time in a long time a guy from the losing team wins finals MVP.

I actually thought Embiid was gonna have a year like Jokic did last year where he makes a big play off run and shuts up the nay-sayers. But damn is Embiid's game looking ugly these days. Breaks all the continuity of games with his free throw merchant routine, and then adding in going scrappy/dirty on defense. Then adds in constant flopping and whining. Plus his attitude seems to kind of suck.

Embiid is way too injury prone. I look at last year as an outlier but I get Embiid's frustration. No matter what product they put out there the 76ers can't even get to the conference finals. My thinking is that after they pay Maxey because he's getting paid this summer the focus should be on their bench. I thought the real issue with the 76ers is that they need a group that can consistently run a decent offense when Embiid is on the bench. At this point in his career Embiid is still the MVP of that team but I'm expecting him to be out or hurt at least 15% to 20% of the games.

As far as the Bucks go I just see them wasting time. They will run a similar core back next year only for them to get out in the playoffs and Doc loses his job again.

Good balanced team. got a lot of bigs who can share fouls on Yoke even if the refs call it which I suspect they won't for the most part. Better sixth man. it will be tough I think since I don't think anyone can take Denver in a cake walk. I think if Denver makes the finals and lose to Boston could be the first time in a long time a guy from the losing team wins finals MVP.

Yeah Wolves have come in hot from their win over the Suns, but I feel like they got the easier play off match up. Sun's defense is a joke.

If Nuggets are healthy, I think they've got the better team machine unit. The roles are perfectly aligned, and Joker is the master mind. Feel like when it comes down to the nitty gritty Nuggets will find a path to victory in a 7 game series.

Wolves are a beast though, and somewhat of an unknown identity in terms of play off potential. (ANT is burgeoning).

Either way, I feel like it's the true nba finals, these are the best two teams..

Just don't trust the celtics..

Last edited:
As a massive Luka fan, the Mavs have been disappointing in this series.

Considering that KL has been badly hobbled or absent, the Mavs should have beat this Clippers team 4-1, that's if they have any plans of winning the West.

They need to run through the Clipps this game if they're intending to do anything serious.

As a massive Luka fan, the Mavs have been disappointing in this series.

Considering that KL has been badly hobbled or absent, the Mavs should have beat this Clippers team 4-1, that's if they have any plans of winning the West.

They need to run through the Clipps this game if they're intending to do anything serious.

That's a weird take, mainly because the Flerps are a gdamn loaded team. They have a bench that is practically a playoff team, Bones Hyland, Russell Westbrook, Amir Coffey, PJ Tucker, sometimes Mann, sometimes not, Norman Powell, depends on which lineups you look at but my point being they have a bench depth maybe only exceeded by the Boston Celtics. Secondly, Luka has been struggling with a knee injury all series.

Mavs having a chance to close this in 6, not disappointing AT ALL.

It's funny to see how many built in excuses Luka has just in case he can't make it out of the first round (again). First his knee which he's shown no effects than a mystery illness. With the amount of friendly rigged refereeing his fat ass gets there's no excuse for not getting past a Flerp squad without Kawhi. I expect them to close it out tonight though.

These Indiana fans in the background are ridiculous: "Portis: your eyes are too big for your head."

Wow... I'm sure that will get him.

Ridiculous? I want that dude in the stands for every game!! LOL At least he had some creativity vs "You suck!!" BOOOOOO.

Portis.....your eyes are slightly too big for your head (adding the slightly was icing on the cake)

Gallinari....,you need a haircut

Lillard....your mom is watching

Lillard...your tattoos are only decent

I think he told MIddleton he respected his game though...lol

Back