2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobble gobble Turkey boyz

gay_thanksgiving_650_crop-1.jpg

Is this an inside joke?

Still waiting on a comment from you on the alt-Reich terrorists.

Why hasn't GNN been covering this story?

GNN can confirm that it too was attacked by a pathetic alt Reich deplora seizure bomb.

We regret that between convulsing in our own collective vomit and trying to figure out exactly what the hell viva and Cuba where doing, the story kinda missed the deadline.

So,...., GNN confirms that it was subject to an anti liberal, anti western, pro Russian alt Reich epileptic assault.

@Palis has been noticeably silent on the issue.

Last edited:
My contribution is going to be unwanted and unhelpful, but I've been drinking and there's an interesting issue here.

The accusation of dishonesty seems to come from the exchange around subsidies:

Inga first claimed that SALT could be acting as a subsidy, then, when presented with evidence that the balance of payments indicated that subsidization effectively occurred in the opposite direction, tried to argue that subsidy meant something different.

That's not the interesting bit and the accuracy of the restatement doesn't matter too much.

Inga's argument was bad, but determining whether it was dishonestly made requires a bad argument AND an inference of bad faith. People make that sort of mischaracterization or unwittingly shift their positions all the time-the question is whether it was offered in bad faith.

But! The countercharge that the accusation of dishonesty is itself dishonest or a slander relies upon the same rules and thus requires the same sort of inference. In other words, to treat the accusation as dishonest, it needs to be both unwarranted and in bad faith.

This is where it gets fun.

If such inference should not be made without more than a bad argument, then Homer's charge was unwarranted, but should be treated as having been made in good faith.

However, if-as needed to accuse Homer of dishonesty/slander-we can make such inferences of malice, then Homer's original charge of dishonesty was warranted, because he could infer the malice necessary to make such an accusation.

LOL after reading that I need a drink

GNN can confirm that it too was attacked by a pathetic alt Reich deplora seizure bomb.

We regret that between convulsing in our own collective vomit and trying to figure out exactly what the hell viva and Cuba where doing, the story kinda missed the deadline.

So,...., GNN confirms that it was subject to an anti liberal, anti western, pro Russian alt Reich epileptic assault.

Last line made me.....

<{MingNope}>

Voting is less than 24 hours away. Time to figure this shit out

@HomerThompson
@Kafir-kun

What will be the topic your first sticky thread will be about? You both mentioned actual current events for the thread so I'd like an example.

@irish_thug, you mentioned about threads being moved to the OT rather than being dumped for your platform.
I want to know what you will use the sticky thread for.

@HomerThompson
@Kafir-kun

What will be the topic your first sticky thread will be about? You both mentioned actual current events for the thread so I'd like an example.
Probably the escalating tensions in the ME vis a vis SA v. Iran. An in depth look at all the players and angles, with articles and information provided by myself, and my cabinet. Including my esteemed VP, @luckyshot.

@Palis knows something. I say we start a special councel with @senri at the head. He can probe Palis's nexus till we get to the bottom of this.

I'm hurt I'm not being considered...

Didn't mean you are out. I'm just figuring out everything I need with each person. I think your answers clairified the things I needed to know already

Probably the escalating tensions in the ME vis a vis SA v. Iran. An in depth look at all the players and angles, with articles and information provided by myself, and my cabinet. Including my esteemed VP, @luckyshot.

Are we looking at a different topic by month or how frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back