200 pounds, wanna drop to 170 by feb, is this possible?

freestyleJJ 101

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hey guys im 200 pounds right now kinda hefty put on some beef for a judo comp now i wanna lean down to 170 for a jui jitsu tourney in mid feb, does anybody have any tips on a diet, and is this possible???

By then it's only possible to lose like 10 pounds of actual fat maybe 15, but what you can lose is alot of water weight. Depending on your current diet(Standard Junk Diet) you can easily make that weight by cutting out all processed foods and keeping your salt use to a minimum. If man made it stay away from it and you'll get down to that. Also don't take creatine or any supplement that makes you retain alot of water.

I wanna hit 155 to fight t 145 im 160, goods luck in your quest.

By then it's only possible to lose like 10 pounds of actual fat maybe 15, but what you can lose is alot of water weight. Depending on your current diet(Standard Junk Diet) you can easily make that weight by cutting out all processed foods and keeping your salt use to a minimum. If man made it stay away from it and you'll get down to that. Also don't take creatine or any supplement that makes you retain alot of water.

*cough* bull shit *cough* First off he can lose a lot more than 10 pounds of fat in that period. Secondly creatine will not be a determining factor for him in that period of time.

*cough* bull shit *cough* First off he can lose a lot more than 10 pounds of fat in that period. Secondly creatine will not be a determining factor for him in that period of time.

Coach, I need to know what you know. Are you saying it's possible to lose more than a pound of fat a week while sparing muscle?

With proper diet and programming you can stretch normal limits. Then again most can't do the two combined correctly without help.

I can measure my macronutrient intake to the gram if necessary. Hell, I already do. I'd be appreciative if you could share your methods/principles. Right now, for fat loss, I aim for a 3500 calorie deficit per week, following the carb cycling diet by Thibaudeau on T-Nation.com. I saw good results from it, spared/gained a lil muscle and lost fat, but I pushed it for too long and went catabolic.

A 3500 calorie deficit will yield a 1 pound weight loss. So you're gonna have to step up the diet a bit as far as calorie deficit. I'm not an expert but i have lost weight successfully in the past and i lost 52 pounds in 12 weeks. I went on a 1400-1800 calorie a day diet cut out all "bad" foods and worked out 5 days a week. I guess my point is if you can run a high deficit and keep enough in the tank to get through your workouts and keep the strenght up you can lose some big numbers weight wise. Good luck tou you and i hope you do well in your tourney

It's def. possible, but the amount of fat/muscle you lose is a matter of your research and ethic

Impossible. Just give up now.

Find your basal ****bolic rate. Lower your overall caloric intake accordingly.

Drink 8-10 cups of coffee a day. Do HIIT training.

Good luck.

Find your basal ****bolic rate. Lower your overall caloric intake accordingly.

Drink 8-10 cups of coffee a day. Do HIIT training.

Good luck.

lol wtf?

heres what needs to be done...eat half the carlories that your body needs I.E if you need 2000 then only eat 1000-1100 a day...EXERCISE like tomorrow is your last day on earth...lol...I would wear a sweat suite to lose extra water weight for the first week or two...and you will see the difference i did that to lose 20lbs and i lost 15 in 2 weeks...well more like 11

You could try following the seven habits in the FAQ, looking up the weight cutting thread in the FAQ, or even just lowering your calories and increasing exercise. Short answer, yes, yes you can.

heres what needs to be done...eat half the carlories that your body needs I.E if you need 2000 then only eat 1000-1100 a day...EXERCISE like tomorrow is your last day on earth...lol...I would wear a sweat suite to lose extra water weight for the first week or two...and you will see the difference i did that to lose 20lbs and i lost 15 in 2 weeks...well more like 11

What's the point of losing water weight at the beginning?

except eating that little will cause you to lose muscle and is just plain unhealthy.

What's the point of losing water weight at the beginning?

Yeah no need for a sweat suit until the point of cutting water (week or two before). Id say its very possbile esp if your diet is shit now you can make changes to it, put in the extra work and be well within making it. You need to start NOW though and use your holidays as cheat hight cal days to spike your ****bolism back into action.
Listen to verdic sounds like he has some plans for ya.

Back