Media 111-pound kid is submitting Heavyweight grapplers.

This is Steven Segal training shit right here.

Sitting down in front of a kid. Butt scooters have no shame

Content creators of 2024 rely more and more on staged stuff
It’s been trending that way for awhile now. So much stuff is scripted now kind of defeating the purpose of the content. I guess instead of having organic content that’s real they do it more for the wrong reason (viral, likes, views). Click baiting, staging and scripting content is the new norm.

Legitimate or not, he's obviously a talented kid. He's got strikes, too.

Legitimate or not, he's obviously a talented kid. He's got strikes, too.
When I was a white belt back in 2010 in the very first 3 months of training I could hang with a brown belt that was 130lbs actually was winning on control just couldn't submit him, I was very strong and weighed about 200lbs at the time could bench 400 for 6 reps now there was no question he was more skilled quite a lot but being that much bigger and physically stronger as well as knowing the basics of guard passing was enough and if punches were allowed it would have been over.

This is definitely bullshit a 111 pound kid right, it's just as true as UFC fighters in the HW division claiming Rousey could submit them as well what a joke and most believe it lol.

When I was a white belt back in 2010 in the very first 3 months of training I could hang with a brown belt that was 130lbs actually was winning on control just couldn't submit him, I was very strong and weighed about 200lbs at the time could bench 400 for 6 reps now there was no question he was more skilled quite a lot but being that much bigger and physically stronger as well as knowing the basics of guard passing was enough and if punches were allowed it would have been over.

This is definitely bullshit a 111 pound kid right, it's just as true as UFC fighters in the HW division claiming Rousey could submit them as well what a joke and most believe it lol.
I see the same things others are seeing, but I still see a kid who does things I couldn't do at his age. He's got legitimate wrestling, though (for a kid), there's plenty of proof of that, which doesn't appear to be staged. I've got my eye on him.

I see the same things others are seeing, but I still see a kid who does things I couldn't do at his age. He's got legitimate wrestling, though (for a kid), there's plenty of proof of that, which doesn't appear to be staged. I've got my eye on him.
I'm not saying he's not skilled, it's not a question of skill I'm sure he has more than most but skill alone isn't always enough and I'm not knocking people that focus solely on it, it I had a choice as to what I would prefer strength, cardio or skill and technique I would certainly pick the latter however
I've observed in real life experience and even from watching the early nhb more so than nowadays
that strength and size definitely play a factor.

A good example of this is the UFC 8 David vs Goliath tournament from 96, in this event there was a semi final match between Jerry Bohlander and Gary Goodridge now without a shadow of a doubt
Jerry was infinitely more skilled than Gary in grappling however again there was a 50lbs weight advantage and strength disadvantage as well. Even though Bohlander reversed him and landed some decent shots in the end he got tko'd by someone who was far less skilled.

I'm not saying he's not skilled, it's not a question of skill I'm sure he has more than most but skill alone isn't always enough and I'm not knocking people that focus solely on it, it I had a choice as to what I would prefer strength, cardio or skill and technique I would certainly pick the latter however
I've observed in real life experience and even from watching the early nhb more so than nowadays
that strength and size definitely play a factor.

A good example of this is the UFC 8 David vs Goliath tournament from 96, in this event there was a semi final match between Jerry Bohlander and Gary Goodridge now without a shadow of a doubt
Jerry was infinitely more skilled than Gary in grappling however again there was a 50lbs weight advantage and strength disadvantage as well. Even though Bohlander reversed him and landed some decent shots in the end he got tko'd by someone who was far less skilled.
I understand your point, but mine was really just that I still find him impressive, even with the smoke and mirrors game he's playing. No one thinks this kid can really do anything to a HW in a real combat situation, this is nogi sport grappling, with its tons of limitations, on top of the awkwardness of the size differences, and probably unwillingness to engage in earnest. I checked out some of his other vids, many are seeming smoke and mirrors situations, but some are from legitimate wrestling competition against peers who are his own age, and he appears to have potential.

Back